• If he couldn’t play for the Bears, Brian Urlacher wanted to be a Cowboy. Urlacher had a great career, but he’s done. Here’s a play against the Cowboys last season. DeMarco Murray catches a pass, and Urlacher has an angle on him.
However, Murray simply outruns Urlacher and gets around the corner past him with ease:
If you’re a Cowboys fan, and you’re thinking, “Damn son, we could have had Urlacherzzzzzzzz,” don’t. He can’t run anymore.
• Henry Hynoski suffered a torn MCL and a chip to the lateral plateau of his tibia and will undergo surgery Friday, according to Mike Garafolo of USA Today. There’s a chance Hynoski may not miss a game. In the wake of Hynoski’s injury, “License plate guy” asked Brandon Jacobs if he’d be interested in playing FB for the Giants. Jacobs’ response:
• The Giants signed Ramses Barden. I’m actually a little surprised he was still available. For the first time last year, at least he showed flashes that he can be a productive receiver in the pros. Against the Panthers, he had 9 catches for 138 yards. That game would ultimately account for 64% of his catches and 63% of his yards last season. Still, most teams have almost 10 receivers on their rosters by now. Nobody wanted to take a flier on Barden? Nobody?
• Former Philadelphia Eagles fullback Kevin Turner is hosting his second annual ALS awareness celebrity golf tournament June 2-3 at the Medford Village Country Club in Medford, N.J. Details of the event can be found here.
• H-back James Casey is done for the spring. He had surgery to clean out his knee. Casey should be back in time for training camp.
• There’s a fairly new website by the name of “Second Round Stats” that is very good. I linked to a few of their articles in my 15,000 word mock draft a month ago. They put up a post on Matt Barkley, which basically said “If you liked him at this time last year, you should like him this year too.”
• Michael Vick was given “the key to the city” in Atlantic City. I love the first comment in the comment section on this article over at BGN.
• OMG! RG3 WAS THROWING PASSES YESTERDAY!!! Rich Tandler has the transcript from RG3’s press conference.
• Josh Wilson had surgery to repair his labrum and pectoral muscle. He played through the injury at the end of last season, and should be ready to go for training camp. Pierre Garcon is also recovering from surgery on his labrum.
• Tony Pauline finished up his draft evaluations for the NFC East. Here are links to analysis of each teams’ drafts, in order of his grades: