Analyzing the advantages and disadvantages of the Cowboys’ 2013 schedule

Cowboys scheduleAdvantages:

Diggy

• As my boy Diggy mentions above, the Cowboys have the unfair advantage of playing a home Thursday game every year on Thanksgiving.
  • High profile Thanksgiving game is against maybe the weakest roster in the league (Raiders).
  • Week 11 BYE is a nice time of the season to get a rest.
  • Opening up at home against the Giants in the “Kevin Ogletree Bowl” is better than playing the opener on the road, in my opinion.

Disadvantages:

• I got nothing. Not much to complain about from what I can see. Very accommodating schedule for the Boys this year.

1. […] the Cowboys are set at one spot with DeMarcus Ware, although Ware and Spencer form the lightest 4-3 DE combo in the NFL. That could be an issue against run-heavy […]

2. Real Talk says:

vACCARO VS cRUZ gAME1 N dALLAS!

3. They could fall apart week 14-16.

4. louluvball says:

Atleast its still a home game for the giants in cowboys stadium.

1. EAT A FAT DICK!! says:

You POS cocksucker!

5. Schedules are never as easy or as difficult as they may appear right now. We haven’t even gotten to the Draft yet.

What may appear to be a favorable schedule now could very well look much, much less friendly by week 4 when things start shaking out.

1. Agree. I wanted to steer clear of commenting on the opponents themselves, and rather focus on scheduling quirks such as travel, BYE week placement, opponent BYE weeks, Thursday games, etc.

1. Bob says:

It’s also pretty pointless commenting on strength of schedule, as being in the same division, all the teams play virtually the same teams.

6. DerfDiggy says:

Its been years on years on years since the NFL has graced the boys with a great schedule….I like it…I like it a lot.

7. David_Does_Dallas says:

We definitely made out this year in terms of our schedule, I just hope the Cowboys can now capitalize on the opportunity.

8. KD says:

Doesn’t that Week 1 game have to be subtitled the Dan Connor Ultimatum, per Adam Schein?