Recapping Day 4 of free agency in the NFC East
- WR Louis Murphy visited the Giants. The Giants are still stacked at WR, with Victor Cruz, Hakeem Hicks, Reuben Randle and Jerrel Jernigan, but will likely be losing Domenik Hixon and Ramses Barden. Murphy would be added veteran depth, and would have to fight to make the roster.
- Dan Connor is reportedly visiting the Giants as well, per PSU grad Geoff Mosher of CSN Philly. Connor was a disappointed with the Cowboys last season, even as a backup. He could be realistically be competing for a starting job in NY if the Giants signed him. That’s not ideal.
- One name that has been remarkably quite is Osi Umenyiora. Osi makes plays, but has a history of overvaluing himself. I wonder if he’s pricing himself out of the market.
- The Eagles will no longer be going to Lehigh University for training camp. I loved going to camp at Lehigh, and will miss it. But the move makes complete and total sense. The facilities at the NovaCare complex are faaaar better. At Lehigh, if it rained, that was basically the end of practice. The team would move inside the field house, where the Eagles would conduct what looked like useless walk-throughs. I can see the value in bringing the team away for a few weeks, but they’ll get more accomplished in Philly.
- The Eagles traded for Arrelious Benn. Details on that here.
- Not really Eagles related anymore, but the Cardinals cut Kevin Kolb. That was a disastrous trade for the Cards.
- Eagles’ full slate of draft picks updated after the Benn trade.
- The Ravens snapped up Marcus Spears pretty quickly after Dallas cut him. Two year deal, minimal money.
- Kevin Ogletree signed with the Bucs. I’m sure Cowboys fans are devastated.