Recapping Day 3 of free agency in the NFC East
- The Giants signed Steelers S Ryan Mundy. It appears he was demoted twice last season, from 3rd safety, to 4th safety, to 5th safety. That’s explained in more detail here.
- The Giants re-signed Keith Rivers. The Giants’ LB corps are thin, with the team cutting Michael Boley, and Chase Blackburn being a free agent that the Giants don’t appear to want bring back.
- Jasper Brinkley had visited with the Giants. He signed with the Cardinals.
- The Eagles signed Ravens CB Cary Williams, Giants S Kenny Phillips, and Texans LB Connor Barwin. My initial thoughts on all three signings can be found here.
- Nnamdi Asomugha visited the 49ers. A reunion with Rob Ryan in New Orleans is reportedly a possibility as well.
- I’ll be in Philly today to speak with Cary Williams, Kenny Phillips, and LB Jason Phillips. More from that later.
- The Redskins signed Bucs OT Jeremy Trueblood. He started Week 1, and was benched. Here’s why. I don’t think the Skins are done addressing the RT position.
- Brandon Meriweather took a pay cut. He had his pay reduced from $2.45 million to $1.2 million. Meriweather is recovering from a torn ACL and only played half of one game last year, but was awesome in that one game.
Be sure to follow Blogging the bEast on Twitter and like Blogging the bEast on Facebook.