• Tommy and I recorded a show last night. We looked at the potential defensive players the Eagles could target in free agency. We did the offensive players a couple days ago. If these two podcasts aren’t the best thing you’ve ever heard in your lives, I’ll grant free refunds for everybody. Tommy also played GM on his site, detailing his Eagles offseason plan.
• David Baas restructure his deal. Jenny Vrentas of the Start Ledger has those details here. The Giants will save a couple mil this season in cap space and lush a million each to 2014 an 2015. Note his new cap numbers in 2014 and 2015. Yikes:
• The Giants got Corey Webster to take a pay cut. Good job by the Giants there.
Savings of $8 million and no penalty whatsoever? Yes, please. That is of course unless DeAngelo is willing to take a pure pay cut, as in… slashing to pay to something like $3-4 million, non-guaranteed. Otherwise, there are plenty of CBs available in free agency that are better, and will come a hell of a lot more cheaply than $8 mil. Frankly, it was somewhat of a no-brainer for the Skins to cut Hall last year, but obviously, they didn’t:
• The draft prospect visits are beginning already. The Eagles are reportedly meeting with Arizona QB Matt Scott on Monday.
• I had an interesting debate on Twitter with some of my Giants friends. Let’s assume the Giants tender restricted free agent Victor Cruz at a 1st round tender. The Niners try to sign him away, meaning that the Giants would receive the Niners’ first round pick (31st overall) if they choose not to match the Niners’ contract offer. What would you rather have? Victor Cruz at a high price tag, or the 31st overall pick?
• Legal tampering begins at midnight tonight. Jason at BGN has the deets on that. I’ll be asleep at midnight tonight.
• I’ve been beating up on the Cowboys quite a bit lately. I’ll give them the day off, ha.
• Ladies and gentlemen… NFL Network!