• SE Louisiana CB Robert Alford, a player that I’ve really liked so far, had two holds on consecutive plays. He also struggled a little with fielding punts, which was also the case on Monday.
• Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson had a good day. His best throw of the day was a back shoulder throw about 25 yards down the sideline to Terrence Williams. The ball was a little over Williams’ head, where the DB had little chance of making a play on the ball, delivered with zip.
• A player that I have yet to mention that has had a good week has been Cal CB Marc Anthony (not J-Lo’s ex-husband). He had two nice plays today. First he didn’t bite on a stutter go in 1-on-1’s by Georgia WR Tavarres King, stayed with King down the field and broke up the play. Then later he read a slant zone beautifully in zone coverage in 7-on-7’s, aggressively broke on the ball, and almost made a pick.
• Another day, another nice play by Ziggy Ansah. Ziggy got himself another sack today on an inside move. They also announced Ansah’s measurements today, as he was not available for the original weigh-in. 34 5/8” arms. That’s excellent.
• Oklahoma OT Lane Johnson had a good day. He’s likely a first rounder. Working against Lavar Edwards, he conceded no ground whatsoever on one pass play. Then later on a run play, he caved the DT down the line very nicely.
• Texas A&M LB Sean Porter leveled a RB (didn’t see who) in 11-on-11’s. He filled into the hole, and pop.
• One RB that has really caught my eye this week is Stepfan Taylor of Stanford. There’s nothing flashy whatsoever about him, but he runs hard, has decent size, and has routinely shot through holes this week.
• The NFC East teams were a little slower after the South practice today, in terms of talking to prospects:
- Mychal Rivera, TE, Tennessee
I’ll have my “Who impressed, and who didn’t” post later this week.