Dez Bryant vs. Victor Cruz

Not to give any credence whatsoever to the Pro Bowl, but here are Victor Cruz’s numbers vs. Dez Bryant’s.

Player Rec Targets Comp % Yards YPC YPA TD Fumbles Drops
Victor Cruz 82 137 59.9 1040 12.7 7.6 9 0 11
Dez Bryant 88 130 67.7 1311 14.9 10.1 12 2 11

Victor Cruz made the Pro Bowl. Dez Bryant didn’t.

1. Juz Saying says:

Cruz is a 1year wonder,once the G Men pay him he will turn into Freddie Mitchell.

1. Joshua says:

IKR dez is always shining

2. NYG_slater says:

yup dez had a better year, no doubt, and deserves a pro bowl selection.
    But Dez wasnt a frontrunner till these last 4 games. Moreover, the cruz selection is more reflective on his play last year when he was snubbed being a 2nd alternate for the nfc. He had over 1500 yards in 12 starts and didn’t get selected…..

Unless dez gets injured, he’ll get his pro-bowl selection next year.

3. skinsaholic says:

C’mon MAN

4. Blargjl says:

You forgot the most important stat: number of soup commercials.

1. Ha, true. Also, end zone dances, and number of jewelry stores owed money to.

1. horatius says:

Exactly, Cruz has 9 salsa dances in the end zone. Dez has zero.

2. Mandmeisterx says:

You forgot failed attempts at drawing PI calls.

1. Cmm says:

That’s really been bugging me. Every time any pass gets broken up or a receiver gets tackled this year, they immediately start asking for a flag. I know that’s not a new thing, but it seems like it’s been happening more and more lately and it’s getting annoying.

2. Brian says:

Hay! Don’t bring Jeremy Maclin into this.

2. blarghjl says:

Seriouspost though, I think he was hurt by the fact that he really came on late in the year, and his monster game last week was (i think) after the fan voting had closed

1. I think I’ve also heard the players vote around week 12 as well.

If that’s true, and it seems it might be, because they clearly vote before the season ends and at least before week 15.

So let’s say we’ll use the numbers through week 13.

Bryant: 978 yards and 8 touchdowns
        Cruz: 883 and 8 touchdowns

So closer, but yeah Bryant probably deserved it more this year, but Pro Bowl is always a year behind and declining players usually in two years longer than they should be. Also, last year Cruz was much better and didn’t make the pro bowl so he gets rewarded this year.

5. DerfDiggy says:

Pro Bowl is the biggest joke in sports….everyone knows that.
    BRING BACK THE SKILLS CHALLENGE!

I’m hoping Dez gets an All-Pro nod….I’d go as far to say that he’s second only to the “new” CJ2K this season.
    Although I doubt it, he’s doing it too late in the year, and struggled at the beginning of the season.

1. I wouldn’t go that far, I would say Brandon Marshall has definitely had a better year with worse QB play and a worse surrounding cast.

I’d say Reggie Wayne has been terrific this year, Andre Johnson (Bryant has scored more though), A.J. Green, Vincent Jackson, Demaryius Thomas are all just as deserving as Bryant. .

But yeah he’s definitely had a good year.