NFC Hierarchy/Obituary with Week 11 in the books

Obituaries this week:

Eagles

A list of 13 key Eagles players that unquestionably underachieved this season:

Michael Vick, Jeremy Maclin, Brent Celek, Clay Harbor, Demetress Bell, Danny Watkins, Todd Herremans, Trent Cole, Jason Babin, Mychal Kendricks, Nnamdi Asomugha, Nate Allen, and Kurt Coleman.

Aaaaaand a list of Eagles that had “breakout seasons”:

(Crickets chirping)

There will be a new head coach in Philly in 2013, and a number of those underachievers above will be playing elsewhere.

Continued at the Allentown Morning Call…

1. deg0ey says:

I find myself questioning whether Harbor has actually underachieved or whether he just hasn’t got the chances he should’ve had. He’s made a few plays this season that impressed me and if Andy was capable of playing more 2 TE sets or just not playing Celek (who has definitely underachieved) quite so much he might’ve done more?

2. Average Joe says:

Jeremy Maclin was a legend only in the minds of eagles fans

Dude has made a living finding holes on defense, defenses losing track of him when vick moves outside the pocket, or he flat out getting open against broken coverage

Havent seen him make many oustanding WOW plays like nicks did. The eagles shouldve drafted nicks, and nicks was a philly guy too! Born and raised!

3. carvermb says:

This is purely hypothetical, of course, but what are you going to do if the Redskins beat the Cowboys tomorrow? Would they still be in the graveyard despite potentially being only a game out first place at the end of the weekend? Perhaps we’d see our first zombie squad?

1. I already screwed that up once. Killed the Bucs early in the season, had to revive them.

1. DerfDiggy says:

Didn’t the boys beat the bucs?

1. Are you saying the Cowboys should be ahead of the Bucs?

1. DerfDiggy says:

Yes…Yes I am. I mean I’m not one to really have an issue with power rankings. Mostly opinion that doesn’t matter…

The Cowboys are an enigma, and have won(and loss) in fantastic fashion…and like you’ve recently posted a couple times…a few bounces(or finger tips) from being the division leader.

I think they’re better than the Bucs is all…and head to head has backed that up.

1. DerfDiggy says:

*lost…..

1. Jimmy Kempski says:

The Vikings beat the Niners. Are the Vikings better?

2. DerfDiggy says:

What was TB’s strength of Schedule to start the season?
                People overlook how hard the Cowboys schedule was to start the season…and they’ve been within a hair of a win in each game except Seattle and Chicago.

That’s where I’m basing my decision off of…and then….the Boys beating the Bucs head to head.

4. Arthuro says:

You’re still overrating the Giants in my opinion. We’re not a good team.
    I understand them not being on life support because of a bad division, but ahead of the Bears and Saints ?

1. The Bears are a train wreck without Cutler, and the Saints are currently 3rd in their division. Giants placement has a lot to do with the high likelihood that they’re going to win the division.

Also, the Giants have fooled me before by looking awful for stretches during the season.