2013 NFL draft order if the season ended today, updated after Week 10

I’ll be updating this every week from here on out:

Order Team Record Strength of schedule
15 Saints 4-5 0.5
16 Cowboys 4-5 0.51
17 Cardinals 4-5 0.552
18 Lions 4-5 0.595
19 Buccaneers 5-4 0.459
20 Seahawks 6-4 0.5

One quick disclaimer.  The tie-breaker that determines draft position between teams with the same record is strength of schedule, followed by a coin toss.  When you start to look at draft position before the season is over, there are two ways to determine strength of schedule.  One option is to only look at the games that have already been played. The other is to look at each team’s schedule in its entirety, including the games that have not yet been played.  Personally, I think it makes more sense to look at the schedule in its entirety.

Be sure to follow Blogging the bEast on Twitter and like Blogging the bEast on Facebook.

1. Smitty2K3 says:

When it comes to the Eagles, I’m definitely not at the point of rooting for losses. Not yet anyways. But when they are officially eliminated, if they all of a sudden go on some pointless run like last year, I’m going to be pissed. Ending up with a pick in the early-to-mid teens does them no good.

1. Smitty2K3 says:

Disclaimer: Unless it means Foles goes on a run and proves that he could be a QB you can build around.

2. ct17 says:

Working on my mock. How about Star Lotulei, DT, Utah for the Eagles? Patterson seems like he may be done, too many bad injuries. Best value I have at that spot.

1. mjoedgaard says:

I think where the Eagles are picking right now, the true value will be at either OT or DT and we sorta need both

3. Midswat says:

Colts had #1 & #2 in 1992. Took DT Steve Emtman and LB Quinton Coryatt. Guess

1. Oh yeah, another good example. Emtman was awesome for a year or two until he got hurt, but Coryatt was a complete bust.

4. Matt S says:

I wonder how many times a team has had two top-ten picks. Could be a nice opportunity for the Rams

1. The Redskins had 2 of the top 3 one year. They got Lavar Arrington and Chris Samuels.

2. Smitty2K3 says:

The Rams are definitely in an envious position the next couple years. Especially now with the rookie wage scale.