After watching the Panthers-Bucs and Panthers-Saints games, I previewed Panthers-Giants earlier this week. A lot of rightness here. (Self pat on the back). Good job, Jimmy. Thank you, Jimmy. You’re welcome, Jimmy. You’re a handsome man, Jimmy. Likewise, Jimmy. OK, so does that rightness offset my wrongness on Martellus Bennett? It does? Yes! Good. Then let’s never speak of that again.
• Nice win for the Giants traveling on a short week to play a Thursday nighter. They’ll now have a few extra days to rest up and prepare for Philly Week 4.
• The aforementioned Marty B:
|2012 (3 games w/Giants)||15||185||3|
• Here were the Giants’ first four drives tonight. All at least 8 plays, all over 3 minutes in length:
And here were their last 3 drives against the Buccaneers last week:
The Giants can score on long sustained drives, or they can put points on the board quickly. Impressive.
• Andre Brown looks good. Big back, but has no shortage of speed. However, be careful in anointing him the new starter or anything like that. As I noted in the Panthers-Giants preview, this Panthers team cannot tackle. I feel like a healthy Ahmad Bradshaw would have had similar success. But certainly Brown has earned the right to get on the field more as part of some kind of rotation.
• Giants OL: Wow. Great night. Opened up holes in the run game and gave Eli all day to throw.
• Jayron Hosley looks like the real deal at CB. He’s playing ahead of Prince Amukamara, and he’s playing better than Corey Webster. I did a quick post on Hosley during halftime of the game.
• Eli: 27 of 35, 288, 1 TD, 0 INT. Ho hum.
• Oh, there’s Ramses Barden. 9 catches for 138. Caught the ball well, and got some YAC. Great game for his confidence.
• Giants run D was good. 20 rushes, 60 yards for the Panthers. Don’t run at JPP. Waste of a down.
• Corey Webster still looks shaky. A pair of pass interference calls went against him, both legit, and the Panthers were able to throw on him.
• Michael Boley has 3 INTs this year already. That ties him for the league lead with the Bears’ Tim Jennings.
• 5 for 5 for Lawrence Tynes. Still perfect on the season. Underrated kicker. He has become very dependable.
• +5 turnovers. That’s usually a good thing.
I’ll have a deeper look at this game, probably on Monday.