Dolphins rookie QB Ryan Tannehill tries to list the teams in the NFC East, fails

As I’ve said here before, Hard Knocks is such an awesome show.  On this latest episode, Dolphins rookie QB Ryan Tannehill was asked by Matt Moore to name all the teams in the NFC East.  I don’t want to give the impression Tannehill is stupid or something.  It’s pretty clear just watching the show that he’s really sharp.  But he doesn’t know the divisions, which may seem crazy to you an me, but probably isn’t all that uncommon for players in the NFL.

Anyway, I love the team Tannehill guesses is in the NFC East:

1. greenbean#twooh says:

He’s racist, they all look alike to him…

2. Dez Bryant's Probation Officer says:

Chiefs is just a politically correct way of saying Redskins. Maybe he’s ethnically sensitive.

3. DerfDiggy says:

^^Dallas Cowboys are in the NFC East, and formerly the Arizona Cardinals, neither of which are remotely “east” of anything…except California…a map has nothing to do with anything honestly.

I think people don’t realize that fans >>>>>>>>>> players as far as the attention span. Between training camp, practices, studying playbooks, and everything else that goes on for a NFL player…There’s just a lot that they DON”T care about, that us as fans do.

I’m not sure how you could NOT be a fan of the NFL growing up and then playing in the NFL after college, so I’m not absolving Tannehill…I just don’t think it’s all that important at the end of the day…definitely funny though.

4. icdogg says:

Laces Out, Mat. Laces Out.

1. Wrong article, ha.

1. icdogg says:

whoops

5. NYG_slater says:

wow thats a little surprising….being the most talked about division in football, I’m pretty sure 99% of football players could name at least ONE team in the division…..but even if they couldnt and had to guess…..why on earth would u guess kansas city? Has he ever seen a map?