I know it’s only the 1st half of the 1st preseason game, but here are my thoughts on the Cowboys OL

It’s terrible.

1. [...] A lot of people are down on the Cowboys right now for an assortment of reasons, most notably their offensive line, but from everything I’ve read, Brandon Carr has an outstanding [...]

2. skinsaneasylum says:

Always a recipe for success when going against three of the most fearsome pass rushing teams in the League. All of which, IMO, are improved from last year’s impressive seasons.

2011 Team Sack Totals
    T1: Philly 51
    T3: NYG 48
    T7: Dallas 43
    T10 Skins 41

1. skinsaneasylum says:

With two games each within the division, plus having to play Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Cincy, and Cleveland (all four were top 10 overall Ds last year)….it will be tough sledding for each OL within the BEAST in 2012

3. CWP says:

Hard game to watch. I think they will get better from here, not great but better… Anxious to see the starters!

4. DerfDiggy says:

Well, I’m a fan…aka fanatic of a professional football team. They sale me a pipedream every year and I pay in both monetary and emotional investments.

At this point in time, I’ll accept average…An average OL got the Giants a superbowl victory last year.

5. Trueblue63 says:

Congrats on the new gig

But I miss your feed here

6. JJeaglerooter says:

Turrible !!!

7. Common Sense says:

Plax on speed dial!!!!!!!!

8. DerfDiggy says:

Of course you agree, you’re an Eagle fan.

Line play IS complicated, and the longer you have continuity at the position the better it gets(or should get). There’s literally been NO continuity the entire offseason. Every team deals with injuries, and I’m happy there haven’t been any serious long-term injuries that the Cowboys have had to deal with, but minor injuries have decimated the line, the entire OL SHOULD be completely different (besides the two tackles) come week 1. Hopefully that makes a difference….for my sanity at least.

1. Balagast says:

I agree with what you are saying. Having said that, the realistically expecting them to be anything better than average as a group is a bit of a pipedream I think.

9. Dan in Philly says:

After careful consideration, I tend to agree. they played enough snaps that you can get a feeel for them, and line play isn’t complicated in the same way quarterback play can be, its much more physical. If guys are getting beat on pass rush after pass rush, and runningbacks have no place to run over and over, its hard to see that improving much very fast. Romo owners in fantasy football better count on a good backup.

10. davesbeard says:

How did Tyron Smith look? Did he look like the best LT to ever block DeMarcus Ware?

1. DerfDiggy says:

He looked pretty good.

It’s the rest of the OL that didn’t.

11. icdogg says:

Deep.

12. Joe D says:

Well, if you’re going by that 90% of the Eagles is terrible judging by our 1st half of preseaon and we’ll be lucky to go 6-10… But I don’t see either the Giants or Cowboys O-line being anywhere near impressive this year