– Mickey Spagnola of the Cowboys’ Mothership wrote 1353 words on how the Cowboys got screwed by having to play in the Wednesday kickoff game, with this as the money statement at the end:
No computer made those scheduling decisions. Even my hp is smarter than that.
Makes you wonder, doesn’t it, if someone up on Park Avenue is going like, oops, so sorry guys, or is sitting back, feet propped up on the desk chuckling.
I swear, most times it does, but sometimes it just doesn’t pay to be America’s Team.
Boo freaking hoo. The Cowboys have the enormous advantage of getting a home Thanksgiving game every year, which not only benefits them in that game but the following one as well. Somehow, the word “Thanksgiving” wasn’t included in Mickey’s 1353 word piece.
– Morris Claiborne’s agent made some noise when he said he didn’t know if his client would have a deal in time for camp. It’s July 9th. Camp doesn’t start until July 25th. Way too early to start any hand-wringing.
Continued after the jump…
– Morris Claiborne isn’t the only 1st round pick that remains unsigned. The other would be a guy by the name of Robert Griffin III. Rich Tandler of RealRedskins thinks talks could be heating up this week, now that the brass is back from vacation.
– Nice job by my buddy UK at Hogs Haven breaking down some tape of Trent Williams on DeMarcus Ware. No idea what the background music is all about though.
– Pretty much nothing noteworthy going on with the Eagles lately. If only there were an 80+ page Almanac chock full of Eagley goodness for the low low price of $4.99. Oh hey, look… There it is!
– I’m not sure why anyone gives a crap that Amani Toomer says that Tony Romo is better than Eli Manning. Eli has two Super Bowl trophies. Tony Romo has one playoff win. But beyond that, Eli was just better last season regardless. It’s a “Hey look at me” statement.
More later on Josh Gordon and the Cowboys’/Redskins’ potential interest.