Here is the Eagles’ longest kick return last year. Behold it in all its glory:

1. low vit d symptoms…

I enjoy you because of all your valuable labor on this site. Debby really loves going through investigation and it’s really easy to understand why. Most of us notice all concerning the powerful mode you render valuable tips and tricks via the web site…

2. Frank says:

Anyone know what the league average/median for longest return was? How far off were we?

1. Eagles had the worst long return in the NFL. The above return was 33 yards. The Chiefs were the closest, with a long of 35.

1. Frank says:

Whoa, that’s a lot worse than I thought. Let’s hope Boykin/Johnson can provide some kind of spark back there.

3. Immynimmy says:

I miss Brian Mitchell

4. Kevin Huitt says:

Didn’t DRC have a longer one? The one where he injured his ankle?

1. No. That was the actually also the Cardinals game, but his long was 29.

5. theguyotc says:

Didn’t Lewis have a long one that got called back due to penalty?

1. Ellis Hobbs had a TD called back against Dallas, but that was way back in 2009, I think. That’s the last big return I remember being called back.

But I don’t doubt that it happened… just can’t recall it.

2. Maximdim says:

I remember that too… early in the season, like week 6 or something

6. Xtian says:

Yeesh. Yes, Dion Lewis WAS AWFUL last year. Boykin may be heading to camp as the #1 kick returner, bu I think Damaris Johnson will be given every opportunity to win the job. I think Boykin’s value will be greater as a CB who has the ability to return the football. Unless Damaris Johnson shows too much rust as a result of being out of football for a year, I think he is the guy that the coaching staff is actually rooting for to win the job. Boykin is the fall back safe pick if Johnson were to get hurt or is unimpressive.

1. McG says:

Lewis is too smallish and shifty. Good kick returners run N-S instantly, trust their blocking and make slight cuts while plowing through arm tackles. I too am worried that Boykin is too frail to risk in the Kickoff return game.

1. Tracer Bullet says:

Boykin and Johnson are roughly the same size (182lbs vs. 179lbs). I’d rather either got the job over Lewis because Lewis was unwatchable.