Introducing the 2012 Eagles Almanac!

Available at eaglesalmanac.com.

It’s 83 pages of Eagles analysis without any ads, and it’s on sale for $4.99 at eaglesalmanac.com.

I wrote about the other bEast teams (duh).  Here are some of the other topics:

• What really happened to Michael Vick in 2011?
  • The cold, hard truth of Juan Castillo’s woeful defensive schemes.
  • The make-or-break 2012 season for Andy Reid.
  • Breaking down Shady’s elite 2011, and how he can still improve.
  • Advice for living in a world where the Giants win it all (again).
  • How much does Nnamdi Asomugha have left in the tank?
  • Examining the future for the Eagles in 2013 and beyond.

I haven’t read the whole thing yet (only about half way through), but it really is extremely well done, and I’m proud to have been a part of it.  No-branier if you’re an Eagles fan.  Here are the contributors:

• Mike Tanier: The New York Times, Football Outsiders, The Philly Fan’s Code
  • Tommy Lawlor: PhiladelphiaEagles.com, Iggles Blitz, Scouts Notebook
  • Sheil Kapadia: Moving the Chains – Philly.com
  • Jason Brewer: Bleeding Green Nation, SB Nation Philly
  • Jimmy Kempski: Blogging the bEast, Bleeding Green Nation, SNY, Washington Post
  • Tom McAllister: Bury Me in My Jersey
  • Derek Sarley: Iggles Blog
  • Sam Lynch: Iggles Blitz, Iggles Blog
  • Gabe Bevilacqua: Iggles Blog, Bounty Bowl
  • Brian Solomon: McNabb or Kolb, NBC Philadelphia

There’s a limited supply, so hurry!  (Limited supply thing might not be true).

1. Great work! That is the kind of information that should be shared around the net. Shame on the seek engines for now not positioning this post upper! Come on over and seek advice from my site . Thank you =)

2. mastermind says:

Page one should be dedicated to the superbowl titles the eagles have…… 😉

3. ct17 says:

There should be a section on top international vacation destinations in January/February.

1. Ha, that took me a second to get… jerk.

2. Anders says:

I dont get it 🙂 Consider the Eagles have made the play offs the most over the last decade from the NFCE

4. NYG_slater says:

Even as a giants fan, I’m enjoying the eagles almanac. Well written and insightful articles. I’d imagine Dallas, Washington and other New York fans would get something out of it too. Sorta like watching fox news….sometimes its necessary to see what the other side is thinking…..or how whacked out they truly are 🙂

1. Wow, a Giants fan purchase. Hat tip to you, sir.

5. Anders says:

Jimmy, really great break down of the bEast, but I know you have a serious hard on for JPP, but I disagree with him been the best defender in the bEast. I still think Ware is a better defender and I also think Cole is still a better defender. JPP might have blocked a FG (so have Cole) and I might be a good run defender (So is Cole), but Cole brings alot more pressure on the QB on a per snap basis than JPP.

1. Thanks, much appreciated. One thing on JPP… It’s not that I think he’s better than Ware. I just thiink he had a better season than him last year.

1. Anders says:

Ahh, Then I have misunderstood you all along, because I can agree that JPP was the best defender last season, I just think he needs 2 more years before we crown him best defender in the bEast, but by that time Ware is also getting older.

1. Impressed that you read the whole thing already, by the way. Well done. I don’t have than level of focus. Way too ADD for that, which is kinda sad, considering that 80 pages, while a decent number, isn’t exactly Moby Dick.

1. Anders says:

I am a sucker for anything Eagles related and when I first get hooked, Im like a cook addict, I cant stop

6. Tracer Bullet says:

Uncle Jimmy neglected to mention the biggest selling point: FULL FRONTAL NUDITY. If you’ve ever longed to see Brian Solomon frolic in the surf at Waikiki or wanted to get lost in Derek Sarley’s deep blue eyes while he lounges poolside on the French Riviera, all completely starkers, this is the book for you. This book is jam packed with information and insight you can’t get anywhere else AND all the swinging blogger dong you’ve ever wanted.

1. Hmmm… “Swinging blogger dong.” That may be my fantasy football name this year.

1. Tracer Bullet says:

I was particularly proud of that phrase.

1. theguyotc says:

Oh, thank god…

1. D3Keith says:

I thought you’d be disappointed.

7. Anders says:

Will this replace the Maple street press version for the Eagles or will there still be one? Because alot these writers where also writing for that last year. I have to say I cant wait to read this one tho, this maybe THE collection of Eagles writers online

1. Thanks. Maple Street Press went out of business.

Brian Solomon of McNabb or Kolb spearheaded this whole thing, and did an awesome job. But yes, I think the idea is to publish one of these every year.

1. Anders says:

Nice because this feel alot like the Maple Street press and I really hope there will come one every year

1. Yeah, it’s pretty much the same concept.

1. Anders says:

Yea, It also brings back my memories back to igglesblog.

1. RogerPodacter says:

derek updated the blog today noting that he had some input to the almanac as well. kind of surprised to see an update there, even if i did click it by accident. haha

1. Anders says:

He even reply to my question over there

2. D3Keith says:

It is basically the who’s who of non-MSM Eagles bloggers (and one MSM-backed one).

I find living in a world where the Giants won (again) rather easy to do. As for Eagles fans, just remember how much you hate it, and then realize that when the Eagles win one (and they will), it feels like the exact opposite of the feeling you have now.

1. Tracer Bullet says:

when the Eagles win one (and they will)

You, my friend, say that with the smugness and cocksurity (cocksureness?) that only comes from watching his, let’s face, not particularly dominant squad go on two highly improbable championship runs in the past five years. Having watched the Eagles win exactly the same amount of championships as me and my dick over that span, I’m not nearly so sanguine.

The Eagles will win one. I even expect it to occur within the next 5 years.

1. Tracer Bullet says:

. . . Now you’re just fucking with me. I DON’T NEED YOUR JOKES. Hrmph. Eli looks like a dullard anyway.

Holy fuck, thius is not like it is the first time I have said this. The Eagles are right on the cusp of it, as they have been for a while. They are going to break through, it is simply a matter of time.

2. Anders says:

Im pretty sure people felt that way about the Eagles about a decade ago aswell.

2. Free Plax says:

I don’t know history says Eagles find a way of pulling defeat from the Jaws of victory

The Giants also have a history of wilting in the spotlight in the last 10 years… with two runs to titles mingled in. Point is, past history really does not have an effect, it is just coincidental at times.

1. Free Plax says:

Try telling that to Browns fans LOl!

9. Rika says:

Will the physical book copy also cost 4.99?

1. No, sorry, should have made that clear. There is no physical book. It’s online only.

2. Here are some of the details on that from the FAQ page:

How does the download process work?

Immediately after you complete your payment, you will be presented with a download link to save the PDF to your computer. You will also receive an email with your own personal download link. The link expires after three downloads. Email us here if you have any trouble.

Can I read the Eagles Almanac on my iPad?

Yes. It’s easy to transfer the PDF to your iPad via email attachment or iTunes. Follow Apple’s directions here to view, sync, and save PDFs here.

Is there an e-book version sold in the Apple iBooks store?

Not yet. Check back soon.

Can I read the Eagles Almanac on my Kindle?

Yes. You can transfer the PDF to your Kindle via email attachment or USB from your computer. Instructions vary based on your particular Kindle version. See Amazon for help.

Is there an e-book version sold in the Amazon Kindle store?

Not yet. Check back soon.

Can I read the Eagles Almanac on my Nook?

Yes. You can transfer the PDF to your Nook via USB from your computer. See this article for help.

Is there an e-book version sold in the Barnes & Nobles Nook store?

Not yet. Check back soon.