Random notes from around the NFC East: On the Jake Ballard and Mike Jenkins dramas

- Mike Jenkins had my sympathy, but he has now lost it.  According to Ian Rappaport of NFL.com, Jenkins is refusing to share his offseason medical records with the team.  Jenkins wants to be traded, but there is no chance in hell that a team is going to give up a decent pick for a player with an unknown medical issue.  Meanwhile, there is no chance that the Cowboys are going to trade him for peanuts.  I have no idea what Jenkins is trying to accomplish here.  It seems as though he is cutting off his nose to spite his face.

- The Giants are upset that the Patriots claimed Jake Ballard off of waivers, and are giving terrible answers to very valid questions.  First, from Tom Coughlin, via the Associated Press:

When it was suggested that the Giants might just have kept their top pass-catching tight end from last season on the 90-man roster to ensure keeping his contract rights, Coughlin shot back, “Don’t ask me those questions. I don’t have the answer for you.”

And then Jerry Reese, via Paul Schwartz of the New York Post:

“I could explain it but I don’t want to explain it because it’s really irrelevant at this point,’’ general manager Jerry Reese said on SiriusXM NFL Radio.

“I could explain it but I don’t want to?”  What is that?

I never thought very much of Kevin Boss when he was with the Giants.  He left and didn’t amount to much.  I feel very similarly about Jake Ballard.  This isn’t a major loss by any stretch, but if given the choice between keeping Jake Ballard and losing Jake Ballard, clearly you would want to keep Jake Ballard.  And therefore, the Giants messed up pretty badly here, even if they never live to regret it.

More after the jump…

- Nothing particularly newsworthy to talk about with the Redskins lately.  My fellow NFC East writer Dan Graziano of ESPN is down in Ashburn taking in the Skins this week, and he has some notes on them.  Graziano has Brandon Meriweather and Madieu Williams penciled in as the Week 1 starters.  (NFCE receivers lick their chops).  Hell, he could have picked any safety combo and I would have typed “NFCE receivers lick their chops.”

- Just received word that Eagles single-game tickets will go on sale June 21.  I’m at the NovaCare Complex today taking in Eagles practice.  I’ll have some notes on that practice in a few hours, and then we’ll have to wait more than a month for training camp.

1. P2P4U says:

Good article, I’m digging your site and am adding it to my RSS aggregator. I use feedburner, is this the most effective 1 you believe?

2. ct17 says:

Minnesota and New England fans will be betting on the “over” for the Redskins game Week 1.

Ballard was an oops, but long-term he’s only a backup that was slotted for eventual replacement.

3. Unquestionably imagine that which you said. Your favourite reason seemed to be on the net the simplest factor to have in mind of. I say to you, I definitely get irked at the same time as other folks consider worries that they just don’t recognize about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest as neatly as outlined out the entire thing with no need side-effects , other folks could take a signal. Will probably be again to get more. Thanks

4. deg0ey says:

I don’t think Ballard is a huge loss – no team would risk that with a player they didn’t want to see leave. If, for example, it had been JPP with that injury, they’d have kept him on the roster and found a way to make it work because the risk of another team working up isn’t worth the extra roster spot.

5. Anders says:

I think Ballard will be a good 3rd/4th option for the Pats in 2013, but the Giants are okay on offense aslongs as Eli is standing upright and he have 2 primary targets+a TE/RB to make his imabouttobesackedbutIcanstillthrowwithmylefthandpasses

I could live a long, happy life if I never saw one of those ever again.

1. Anders says:

Between that and Browns pass/run option at the goalline, you have the two most dump fuck decisions ever made at the goal line

Amen… at least the brown one has that one guy in the crowd getting audibly onto the field mic, screaming at Brown the entire time. SO good.

Here it is:

1. giantsfan says:

hahahaha, i never heard that. awesome.

6. Free Plax says:

“I could explain it but I don’t want to?” What is that?

That’s JR speak, he can be interviewed for an hour and after you listen to it you realize that he has not told you anything worth while, the guy always has his poker face on.

JR definitly gambled and loss on that one, but one NFL season is a lifetime and a lot could happen in that year so the Giants can recorver it’s not like we are talking Gronk here.