Which 2011 NFC loser will make the playoffs in 2012?

Since 1999, 48 teams went from a losing record one year, to making the playoffs the following year.  Here’s that list of teams.  The 2008 Dolphins are Exhibit A of how unpredictive the NFL is, going from 1-15 to 11-5.

If my NFC Obituary/Hierarchy post of a few days ago were to be taken as season predictions (it shouldn’t, by the way), I’d have a couple 8-8 teams (Eagles, Bears) right in the mix for the playoffs, but no teams that were 7-9 or worse.  If history holds true, there are going to be at least one, maybe two, that make it.  Last year, however, there were only 6 teams in the NFC that had losing records last year.  Here they are, in order from worst 2011 record to least bad:

I think strong cases can be made for the Panthers (love their rushing attack) and Seahawks (love their D and genuine home field advantage).  I’m also sure my Redskins readers have compelling cases of their own for their team. Personally, I don’t see any of these teams making the playoffs, but it’ll probably happen.  So…  Who ya got?  Which team is hiding their beauty behind glasses and a ponytail?

1. Very interesting info!Perfect just what I was looking for!

2. Very interesting info!Perfect just what I was looking for!

3. Dioclene says:

there are many of the articles over internet but this one seems to be taking most of the time. i loved reading ithttp://www.caminhosdocampo.net

4. salutations from over the world. detailed article I must return for more.

5. doładowania says:

My brother recommended I might like this blog. He was totally right. This publish truly made my day. You cann’t consider simply how so much time I had spent for this info! Thank you!

6. With the sports orientated shades, feature and style ought to be good accordingly while we need all of them to be able to be great lasting, capable to be able to endure physical physical exercise and maximise operation. Good and accurate vision may also be important. Oakley sunglasses in add-on, get the greater good as well as feature with searching extremely popular and therefore the company have additionally turn out to be very outstanding within the model business. A pair with Oakley sunglasses certainly creating a style statement.

7. Trueblue63 says:

I’m saying Hawks

SF was a turnaround job itself, they might take a step backward this year. They are going to get a bunch more attention, and their relative good health on defense (did they lose any significant time to starters on D last year) might just evaporate.

Hawks D and Carroll’s ability to patch the O together

On Panthers – they had 2 wins in spite of the Cam-sanity. Then they beat the Colts who didn’t field a QB, the Bucs twice (who quit), and the Texans while they were breaking in Yates and after they locked in their playoff slot. That 6-10 is a mirage to me, just waiting to get popped. They’re getting better, but this is a show me season for them, let’s see what they do when people expect them to win.

Damn… hardcore spam attack today.

9. Ray Ban shades are clearly sumptuous. While this kind of is actually motivating for most people to be able to choose for this kind of, you can find a million additional great choose Ray Ban shades. The guys in the Ray Ban shades understand high that if you want to be able to work and go on and big, we want to nevertheless offer good items. Ray Ban shades are produced from quality substances giving maximum protection in your eyes within the ultraviolet rays. Ray Ban offers its customers taking outstanding variety with eyeglasses.

10. Ray Ban, a brandname, have arrived the distance. Ray Ban watches, handbags, fragrances, shoes and sunglasses are slightly record with why that offers within the developer add-ons. The Italian model content brand, Ray Ban, is actually everyone in Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, an enormous high products organization that were only accessible in 1918.

11. Just merely any time you want to wear prescription glasses is actually absolutely no reason think about we cannot be just as popular just as your colleagues any time wearing sunglasses. With the great number of Oakley sunglasses to be able to choose coming from on-line, we may not only be able to geting sunglasses with interchangeable accessories, although also, we will likely be capable to be able to realize wonderful savings account.

12. alph lauren background history began through forty several years ago selling high-quality ties underneath the brand Polo. The best ties weren’t the popular types men wore on the period. His collection with ties launched primary and far more outstanding style that place him in into the limelight with model. Today, he’s a well-known model icon who stills supply the best outstanding and popular apparel.

13. Hi, Neat post. There is an issue with your site in web explorer, would test this? IE still is the marketplace chief and a good section of other people will omit your fantastic writing due to this problem.

14. In 1967 while good in the. Rivetz & Co Ralph Lauren began to be able to design and style his personal ties. While never receiving formal guidance to be able to a new model developer, Lauren had consistently had outstanding eye for model since childhood. Why he did during this period was considered outrageous: While the style with that era had been for thin black ties, Lauren designed a large tie with flashy and outstanding colours.

15. Ralph Lauren great sleve mens polo jacket can potentially absolutely create a popular and elegant search for we as well as display your model taste. The best great sleve mens polo jacket enjoy great level of popularity among sportsmen as well as the sports enthusiasts. Ralph Lauren Developer labels are participating in major side within the model business because they will appeal progressively more to be able to today’s youth culture.

16. Awesome issues here. I’m very happy to peer your article. Thanks a lot and I am looking ahead to touch you. Will you kindly drop me a mail?

17. Its like you learn my mind! You seem to grasp a lot about this, such as you wrote the ebook in it or something. I think that you can do with a few p.c. to pressure the message home a bit, but other than that, this is magnificent blog. A fantastic read. I’ll definitely be back.

18. Chefs just about all through the environment wear a wonderful type of hef hats? referred to as? toque blanche? popularly distinct just as ‘tock’, The best chef hats avoid their own hair coming from falling within the food as well as keeps sweat away from face. Its height enables air to be able to circulate thereby keeping the chef main great.

19. Within the absence with a customized flue hat, water and moisture could very well ruin metal. Mainly, truck caps are add back then with set up in the producers. The best be the best period for we to be able to use the merchandise simply because there’s absolutely no need to be able to examine its settings furthermore, This is certainly usually designed out and about with specifically the exact same company and offer best protection in your home.

20. WeGotLinemen says:

With the way the NFL is now, it could be anyone of those teams. The margin between good and bad teams is wafer-thin. Anyone of those teams could become serious play-off contenders or, just as easily be challenging for the worst record in the league. Much of it will depend who get’s lucky with injuries and who doesn’t.

The Giants, Eagles and Cowboys should all be contenders but only if they keep their starting QB’s healthy. If they don’t they’ll fall back into the midfield dog-fight.

21. WeGotLinemen says:

I love the way Cam Newton plays, with a smile. If he has a great career it will become iconic, much in the same way that Jim Brown’s contempories always talk about the way he got up slowly, never showing pain or tiredness, after each play.

Cam smiles, even when he gets absolutely smashed by a linebacker. Plus his game is just fun to watch. However, I fear he may have a short career. He runs like Bobby Douglass. Even Steve Young tried to make tacklers miss, Cam Newton just can’t seem to stop himself from going for those extra few yards after contact. He is going to take a hell of a lot of punishment, running back levels of punishment.

22. Tracer Bullet says:

Panthers. When in doubt, go with the best QB.

23. You already know thus significantly in terms of this matter, made me for my part imagine it from numerous varied angles. Its like women and men don’t seem to be fascinated unless it is something to accomplish with Girl gaga! Your individual stuffs outstanding. All the time handle it up!

24. rage114 says:

Seahawks. They have a good defense and it will only be better this year. Plenty of examples of teams winning with this formula.

Additionally, they are still in the NFC West. I can see them going 4-2 in the division. That leaves 10 non-division games (5 home, 5 away). Without looking at their schedule, I can see them going 4-1 at home and 2-3 in those games. That is 6-4 or 10-6 total.

25. Euler.is.a.pimp says:

Panthers, Bucs, and maybe the Skins could show some really big improvement and still be blocked by tough divisions.

The Vikings and Rams will still be terrible. The Vikings will be terrible and in a division with 3 playoff worthy teams.

The Seahawks have a really nice defense which got better this offseason. They may have a nice upgrade at qb, and I still don’t trust Alex Smith.

26. ubrab says:

Seahawks, if one QB emerge to be at least above average, can be very good. They have good young receivers, a solid RB, a very good emerging defense. Panthers are still in a very tough division, Bucs will bounce back (in Freeman I trust), Saints still have Brees, Falcons will be contenders one more year… I’ll give an edge to the Hawks.

27. Patrick says:

I believe in CAMMMMM

28. Jonzee says:

Anything can happen in the dump that is the NFC West.

29. Jason-E says:

Jimmy

How can you not see the Panthers as a playoff possibility? Their offense should be dynamite and they’ve legitametly gotten better on D. Plus, the division. The Bucs suck, the Falcons suck, and who knows how good the Saints are going to be with everything that is going on with them. I see the Panthers as having a realistic chance for the division or a wildcard.

1. Anders says:

Panthers most likely way to the playoffs is with a division win, because the wildcard will most likely be between the Bears, Lions, Eagles, Giants, Cowboys (If the Cowboys are healthy they have legimate chance for the a wildcard), Saints and Falcons.

I see the Packers as a run away with there division, and I have no clue what to make of the Niners.

30. KJ Brophy says:

I went with Panthers it won’t surprise me if they win the South.

31. Nick C says:

There’s nothing wrong with glasses and a ponytail…

32. ArthuroMolenda says:

I say Panthers. I’d want to say Seahawks but I have no idea what their offense will look like.

What I know it that I cannot wait to watch the two 49ers – Seahawks matchups. Angry and talented defenses in a divisional title battle ? Bring it on !

33. Immynimmy says:

Seawhawks over Panthers because of the respective divisions that they are in.

1. deg0ey says:

I’d say Panthers over Seahawks for the same reason. Both teams will be the second best in their division next season, but if the Saints struggle to deal with their suspension issues then they could give the Panthers a chance to sneak ahead and take the division. That’s the only circumstance where I see any of these teams making the playoffs next season.

1. norman says:

Was coming to comments to say te same thing. I got the panthers. Saints coming a step back and I don’t trust Atlanta at all.

34. Anders says:

I think the Seahawks will be really scary because of that defense.