– I dropped by Eagles OTAs yesterday and took some notes. I’ll be at the Meadowlands today and tomorrow checking out Giants OTAs. A few things I’ll be looking at:
- Adrien Robinson and the rooks: Of the rookies, I’m most interested in taking a look at Robinson. I think most people see him as a project that won’t see the field for a while, and I was of the same opinion initially. However, I’m not so sure he can’t contribute right away. Also, with Ahmad Bradshaw possibly missing OTAs, we’ll get a long look at David Wilson.
- Where are the LBs lining up? I think it’s safe to say that Michael Boley and Mathias Kiwanuka will see plenty of time this season at LB, but where does new guy Keith Rivers fit in? Jacquian Williams? Herzlich, etc?
- Osi: Mixed reports on whether or not he’s going to show up. We’ll see.
- Marvin Austin: The Giants don’t have much depth at DT. I’m interested in seeing what Austin looks like. He hasn’t played football since 2009. Has he kept in “football shape?”
- Terrell Thomas: How does the knee look?
- Who’s getting the most reps as the 3rd WR? Ramses Barden, Jerrel Jernigan, Reuben Randle, and Domenik Hixon will all get an opportunity for a significant role in the Giants offense.
– Cowboys 5th round pick WR Danny Coale broke his foot and needs surgery. That’s a tough setback. He won’t be able to return until training camp. The Cowboys currently have three rookies that are out with various injuries: Coale, 1st round pick Morris Claiborne, and Kyle Wilbur.
– Some guy created a Twitter account, somehow accumulated 17,000+ followers, and pretended to be Mike Jenkins saying he got traded to the Raiders. His account was taken down. That’s a lot of effort for a pretty minor hoax. Jenkins, however, was not traded. He’s still a sad Cowboy.
Much more from Giants camp later today.