– Per Howard Eskin, Yeremiah Bell is expected to sign with either the Jets or Eagles, possibly as early as today. Love how badly Eskin butchers Yeremiah’s name:
Bell was coached by new Eagles defensive backs coach Todd Bowles in Miami. I’m not sure how I would feel about that move. I think I’m going to take the lazy approach and wait to see if it actually happens before I comment.
– Forbes listed the top 10 highest paid coaches in sports. Since they present them in the highly annoying slideshow form (you’re better than that, Forbes), we’ll show you the round up from The Sporting News. Mike Shanahan ($7 mil) was 2nd. Andy Reid ($5.5 mil) was 10th. Tom Coughlin may be breaking in to the top 10 pretty soon.
– Osi Umenyiora apologized to women for calling LeSean McCoy a woman. ESPN’s Dan Graziano wrote a good follow-up on it, and the dopes that comment on his blog are blasting him for taking the time to write one article that isn’t really about football, even when he writes about 5-6/day that are. A few things here: (1) Good for Osi to apologize, and do so sincerely, for a dumb comment. (2) It should be clear that he was apologizing to women only, not to McCoy for the “insult.” (3) LeSean got paid yesterday. Osi did not.
– RG3 was on Leno. You can watch it here. Natural. Didn’t know he was born in Japan. That means he can’t be president, which always bothered Mr. Costanza from Seinfeld. His beat box a little bit after the 8 minute mark is great. 2/1 odds say some marketing guy saw that and is working on getting him to do a commercial with him doing beat box behind some highlights. Impressive kid.
More after the jump…
– Tons of blogs out there saying “This is the slow time of the offseason.” It’s not that bad. Rookies are signing contracts. OTA’s are underway. LeSean McCoy just signed a long contract extension. Plenty to talk about. Nothing touches what was going on last offseason during the lockout. I’ll take this kind of slow over that mess any day.
– Great feature on LeSean McCoy as a kid on PE.com (with a h/t to Tommy Lawlor of IgglesBlitz for the find). Not sure if that’s his dad yelling encouragement from the sidelines in the first 10 seconds of the video, but I think I’m going to start screaming “SMASHMOUTH!” at people to encourage them in every day tasks.
– Apparently, Colin Cowherd listed his top 10 delusional fan bases. The Cowboys were 4th. This seemed to aggravate Cowboys fans. In recent weeks, I’ve been told by Cowboys fans that Dez Bryant is a top 5 WR in the NFL, Jerry Jones is a good GM, and Tony Romo is better than Eli Manning. So… yeah. Then again, I’ve heard similar delusional statements from fans of the other 3 NFCE fan bases as well. Every fan base, or at least the ones that give a crap, are delusional. I’m surprised people even care what Colin Cowherd thinks.