– My Cowboys readers… Let’s be friends again.
– My favorite picks for each team:
Redskins: Keenan Robinson, LB, Texas: RG3 was obvious, so we’ll go with my second favorite Redskin pick here. Extremely talented kid that may just need a push from a strong veteran presence. He’ll have a year or perhaps 2 to learn from one of the most professional players in the game, London Fletcher. I hadn’t thought of Robinson as a Skins target before the draft, but it was one of those picks where you kind of go, “Oh yeah… that makes a ton of sense.” Starter in Year 3. Getting him at 119 is extraordinary value, in my opinion.
- Cowboys: Tyrone Crawford, DE, Boise: The more work I do on this kid, the more I like him. In his two years at Boise, he had 13.5 sacks. Compare that to first round pick Shea McClellin, who had 16.5 over the same span.
- Eagles: Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall: I’m still in a little bit f disbelief that Curry slipped all the way to 59. My boy Tommy noted a comparison made by Mike Mayock to a current NFL player. I can see it.
- Giants: Adrien Robinson, TE, Cincinnati: Out of the box, he’s pretty much already what Martellus Bennett is… a big blocking TE with great size and athletic ability, sans the receiving ability. The difference is that Robinson has a clean slate. It’ll be interesting to see what the Giants can make him into.
– The Eagles added another OT off waivers from the Rams, Thomas Welch. It’s the second OT they’ve added off waivers this offseason, the first being DJ Jones. They also signed Demetress Bell and King Dunlap, and drafted Dennis Kelly.
– The Redskins already signed their two 7th rounders. Gotta love the new slotted pay scale for rookies under the new CBA. Nothing is more annoying than having a draft pick not signed a few weeks into camp. Last year, Danny Watkins and Prince Amukamara were among the last to sign their roookie deals (Amukamara was actually last), but they still only missed a week or so. With no lockout this year, I expect just aboutall the rookie deals to be done prior to camp.
– Interesting over/under discussion on the number of yards Giants rookie RB David Wilson will have this season. The number is 571, or the same number of yards that Brandon Jacobs had last season. I’m taking the under. That’s not because I don’t think he’s good. I just think the Tom Coughlin is slow to trust his rookies, and obviously, Ahmad Bradshaw is the unquestioned starter. Keep in mind, the guy that people optimistically compare Wilson to is LeSean McCoy. McCoy had 637 yards as a rookie in a season in which the starter (Brian Westbrook) only played 8 games. Most rookie running backs, including the ones that are drafted highly, don’t sniff 571 yards. More on that later.