Quick thoughts on the Eagles signing “Demetress” Bell

It’s a 5-year deal, but some of those are probably “dummy years.” When this signing occurred, I was smack dab in the middle of working on a much larger post about Michael Vick’s blindside protection over the past 2 years, which was significantly better in 2011 than it was in 2010. I’ll ramp up production on that one now that news of this signing has broken, but the biggest positive about this move is that the Eagles can keep Todd Herremans at RT, instead of potentially moving him over to LT. Hopefully I’ll be able to publish it today. The Eagles also now don’t have to panic and overdraft a rookie offensive tackle. Kudos to the Eagles front office for seemingly always having a “rainy day fund.” They had at least double the cap space of every team that Bell visited.

Some game film:

There’s some good, some bad. The Bills gave him a lot of help. I suspect the Eagles will too.

1. Truly absorbing post. You always write a absorbing blog. I look forward to discover more in the near future.

2. Arthur says:

Kudos for this blog. You constantly publish a intriguing blog post. I hope to read more such in the near future.

3. yehti says:

how come some of these years are “dummy” years but when it was livings and the Cowboys it was for full length of contract?

just kidding dont know anything about him. good pick up or just enough to get u guys by?

4. Hello, i feel that i noticed you visited my website so i got here to “go back the desire”.I am trying to find things to enhance my web site!I guess its adequate to use a few of your concepts!!

5. rage114 says:

I like the signing and I like the years but he looks very average. I guess knowing what you have, even if it is just average, is better than than not knowing.

6. Shaun says:

Not bad especially considering he was going against one of the top rushers in the NFL in Tamba Hali….Bell is def gonna need help with 2 games each vs Orakpo, Ware, and JPP-Kiwi-Osi-Tuck. That was the luxury of having Peters…you could leave him 1 on 1 vs the top pass rushers and he’d win out those battles most of the time
    *Brent Celek groans, not again….*

7. tst29 says:

What do the advanced stats say about him?

8. Euler.is.a.pimp says:

The front office will be smitted for so not giving Dunlap his time to shine.

9. Immynimmy says:

No way were the Steelers or Packers going to outbid us. The Steelers have basically no cap and the Packers rarely get FAs. That’s why I figured it was only a matter of time.