- New deal for Trent Cole. Great player, well deserved.
- The Eagles traded Winston Justice to the Colts. They basically moved up 15 spots in the 6th round. Woohoooo! This kinda reminds me of a trade the Eagles made with the Patriots a year ago. They traded Tracy White and a 7 in 2012 for the Pats’ 6 in 2012. Hey, it’s something.
- The Eagles cut Jamaal Jackson. So long, JamJax. Great guy, great pro, good player. I hope he finds a home somewhere.
- Otherwise, the Eagles remain incredibly quiet.
- Some NFCE intrigue today. The Redskins reportedly have interest in Aaron Ross and Eagles fan favorite Evan Mathis. Both players make a ton of sense for the Skins. Mathis’s quicks would fit in nicely in Washington. Eagles fans are going to go ape-poopy if they let him get away, but I’m not so sure it’s really all that big a deal. Eagles fans who love the guy should be nervous though, anytime a player you like is visiting a team that gives Pierre Garcon $8.5 million/season.
- Not much chatter today on Eddie Royale with cheese.
- Hey now, speaking of NFCE intrigue, as I’m typing this up, it appears Marty B is a Giant. Surprise shocker here - As I noted this morning, I think it’s a great fit, I can’t wait to see the dynamic between that guy and Tom Coughlin, and it’s a fairly reasonable deal, I guess:
Continued after the jump…
- Brandon Meriweather is also reportedly visiting the Skins today. Not so sure about that guy. Character issues galore. Then again, the Skins don’t really have any safeties, sooooo…
- Kyle Orton signed with the Cowboys. Apparently some Cowboys fans are annoyed by this? I’m not sure I understand why. 35-34 record as a starter. Who exactly would you rather have as a backup?
- The Cowboys signed some dude that (I’ll be honest here) I’ve never heard of. His name is Mackenzy Bernadeau. He’s a guard. I’m going to do something that hurts my very soul – Since I don’t know a thing about this guy, I’m going to give you Pro Football Focus’ grades for him. (Nothing against PFF here, by the way. Their snap counts are invaluable. I just put very little stock in their grading system. OK, so there’s a little against PFF, I guess). Anyway, in 2009, Bernadeau played 515 snaps, and PFF gave him a grade of -13.7. In 2010, he played 771 snaps, and PFF gave him a grade of -10.5. In 2011, in would appear he lost his starting job, as he played 125 snaps and had a grade of +3.4. Apparently, he was drafted in 2008 in the 7th round out of Bentley University. Apologies for my egregious lack of knowledge here.
- Mixed reports out of Dallas on Brandon Carr. Some people are saying he’s all but wearing the star already, while I’ve seen other reports that he’s leaving Dallas without a contract. Then people were saying he’s still there. And now people are arguing that he’s going to get roughly the average of the three corners that have signed already (Rogers, Finnegan, Wright), which would be about $8.4 million, while others (myself included) think he’s going to make more than all of them. To be determined, I suppose.
- Can NFL Network report on anything other than Peyton Manning? It’s effing ridiculous.
UPDATE: Brandon Carr deal is done. And he got paid more than Finnegan. I win. Yay!
By the way, I like Carr, but $10 mil/season? Ay carumba!