NFC East free agency: Mid-day roundup, Day 2

• New deal for Trent Cole.  Great player, well deserved.
  • The Eagles traded Winston Justice to the Colts.  They basically moved up 15 spots in the 6th round.  Woohoooo!  This kinda reminds me of a trade the Eagles made with the Patriots a year ago.  They traded Tracy White and a 7 in 2012 for the Pats’ 6 in 2012.  Hey, it’s something.
  • The Eagles cut Jamaal Jackson.  So long, JamJax.  Great guy, great pro, good player.  I hope he finds a home somewhere.
  • Otherwise, the Eagles remain incredibly quiet.
  • Some NFCE intrigue today.  The Redskins reportedly have interest in Aaron Ross and Eagles fan favorite Evan Mathis.  Both players make a ton of sense for the Skins.  Mathis’s quicks would fit in nicely in Washington.  Eagles fans are going to go ape-poopy if they let him get away, but I’m not so sure it’s really all that big a deal.  Eagles fans who love the guy should be nervous though, anytime a player you like is visiting a team that gives Pierre Garcon $8.5 million/season.
  • Not much chatter today on Eddie Royale with cheese.
  • Hey now, speaking of NFCE intrigue, as I’m typing this up, it appears Marty B is a Giant.  Surprise shocker here - As I noted this morning, I think it’s a great fit, I can’t wait to see the dynamic between that guy and Tom Coughlin, and it’s a fairly reasonable deal, I guess:

Continued after the jump…

• Brandon Meriweather is also reportedly visiting the Skins today. Not so sure about that guy. Character issues galore. Then again, the Skins don’t really have any safeties, sooooo…
  • Kyle Orton signed with the Cowboys.  Apparently some Cowboys fans are annoyed by this?  I’m not sure I understand why.  35-34 record as a starter.  Who exactly would you rather have as a backup?
  • The Cowboys signed some dude that (I’ll be honest here) I’ve never heard of. His name is Mackenzy Bernadeau.  He’s a guard.  I’m going to do something that hurts my very soul – Since I don’t know a thing about this guy, I’m going to give you Pro Football Focus’ grades for him. (Nothing against PFF here, by the way. Their snap counts are invaluable. I just put very little stock in their grading system. OK, so there’s a little against PFF, I guess).  Anyway, in 2009, Bernadeau played 515 snaps, and PFF gave him a grade of -13.7.  In 2010, he played 771 snaps, and PFF gave him a grade of -10.5.  In 2011, in would appear he lost his starting job, as he played 125 snaps and had a grade of +3.4.  Apparently, he was drafted in 2008 in the 7th round out of Bentley University.  Apologies for my egregious lack of knowledge here.
  • Mixed reports out of Dallas on Brandon Carr.  Some people are saying he’s all but wearing the star already, while I’ve seen other reports that he’s leaving Dallas without a contract.  Then people were saying he’s still there.  And now people are arguing that he’s going to get roughly the average of the three corners that have signed already (Rogers, Finnegan, Wright), which would be about $8.4 million, while others (myself included) think he’s going to make more than all of them. To be determined, I suppose.
  • Can NFL Network report on anything other than Peyton Manning?  It’s effing ridiculous.

UPDATE: Brandon Carr deal is done.  And he got paid more than Finnegan.  I win.  Yay!

By the way, I like Carr, but $10 mil/season?  Ay carumba!

1. The final was a bit of a let down, I thought Sri Lanka was going to pull off a victory. India was the best side in this tournament though.

2. I am not a fan of India, but they were great in this tournament. Will be interesting to see if they can win away from india next time around.

3. Hi there! This post could not be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this write-up to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

4. I truly appreciate this post. I have been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Google. You have made my day! Thank you again..

5. Hello! I just would like to give you a big thumbs up for your great info you’ve got here on this post. I am returning to your site for more soon.

6. Internet Fax says:

Have you ever considered publishing an e-book or guest authoring on other websites? I have a blog based upon on the same subjects you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my readers would appreciate your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e mail.

7. FUiksY Thank you for your blog post.Really looking forward to read more. Cool.

8. Amina says:

this is amazing stuff i think this is an extra achievement keep it uphttp://www.icarlyjogos.net

9. Sol Fromme says:

Thank you for this excellent post. !

10. I adore your composing design, do continue producing! I will be back!

11. Beatriz says:

you said it right, thanks for all the reliable informationhttp://www.icarlyjogos.net

12. Amanda says:

nice review over herehttp://www.comodesbloquearcelular.net

13. Charlene says:

the site, very nice and meaningful, keep it uphttp://www.novelafinaestampa.net

14. [...] NFC East free agency: Mid-day roundup, Day 2 – Blogging the bEast [...]

15. Hello, i think that i noticed you visited my blog so i got here to return the want?.I am trying to to find things to improve my site!I guess its good enough to use a few of your ideas!!

16. dubturbo says:

Its like you read my mind! You appear to grasp so much approximately this, like you wrote the ebook in it or something. I believe that you just can do with some p.c. to drive the message house a bit, but instead of that, that is great blog. A great read. I will definitely be back.

1. D3Keith says:

Lol “to drive to message house.”

Translation fail.

17. dub turbo says:

Unquestionably believe that which you stated. Your favorite justification appeared to be on the net the simplest thing to take note of. I say to you, I definitely get irked even as folks consider concerns that they plainly do not realize about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest and also defined out the whole thing with no need side-effects , other folks can take a signal. Will probably be again to get more. Thank you

18. ubrab says:

If we lose Mathis I’d be pissed, good OG, good teammate, most hilarious athlete I’ve ever seen, redditer, what more do you want ?

19. dub turbo says:

It’s the best time to make a few plans for the longer term and it is time to be happy. I’ve read this publish and if I could I want to counsel you few attention-grabbing things or advice. Perhaps you could write subsequent articles relating to this article. I want to read more things about it!

20. RogerPodacter says:

hey jimmy,

regarding the draft day trade with the pats from the other year…
    i remember seeing something that said we have done a draft day trade of *some* magnitude for a number of years in a row. most of the time its just like what you mentioned – basically swapping late round picks for almost nothing.

is any of that actually true?

1. Steve D. says:

I believe the Eagles and Patriots have made a draft day trade every year since 2000 (i.e., every year since Belichek and Reid have both been the coaches). Either last year (or the year before), I think they traded consecutive picks in one round for no apparent reason other than keeping their streak going.

1. D3Keith says:

I thought that got debunked. It was reported on-air but grossly exaggerated, IIRC.

Suppose if we cared we could just Google it.

21. giants fan says:

So happy we won’t be reaching for a crappy TE in the draft now.

1. giants fan says:

Not that I thought JR was gonna do that anyways, but I REALLY don’t like any of the TE class this year.

2. yehti says:

no you got a crappy TE in Free Agency….. The guy is a beast blocking tho

22. Tom says:

Now it’s reported that the Boys gave Carr $50 mil for 5 years. In a league of copycats, it seems a bunch of teams are copying the Eagles FA frenzy from last year (OK – not the Skins – they are a DYNASTY in offseason championships), whereas a bunch of teams that stood pat last year (Giants, Pats, Packers, etc.) seemed to do OK. So maybe no news is good news this time around!

23. ArthuroMolenda says:

It’s official for Carr, same overall numbers as Finnegan.

I’m very satisfied with the signing of Bennett.