And out of the clear blue sky, DeSean Jackson has himself a new 5 year deal

After about a year of hand-wringing over what the Eagles should or shouldn’t pay DeSean Jackson, we finally have our answer: $51 million, over 5 years, $18 million guaranteed:

Update: It appears it’s more like $15 million guaranteed.

And apparently, it will actually lower the Eagles’ cap number in 2012 from DeSean’s current cap figure of $9.515 million, per Adam Caplan:

DeSean is such an enigma.  In 2011, he moped his way through the season, which was strange for a guy playing for a contract.  He had just 58 catches, 961 yards, 4 TD’s, and a boatload of drops, some of which were in critical moments.  Compare those numbers to Jabar Gaffney (68-947-5).  I don’t want to sound like I’m taking a shot at Gaffney with that comment, but the expectations for those two players were vastly different.  That’s bad DeSean.  Conversely, in 2009, he had TD distances of 85, 72, 71, 67, 64, 60, 57, 54, 48, 35, 19, 4, and 2.  That’s the DeSean that’s as big a threat to score anytime he touches the football as anyone in the league.  It’s the DeSean that scares the daylights out of opposing defensive coordinators, who park their safeties 30 yards off the line of scrimmage.  Good DeSean is such an intriguing football player, but Bad DeSean makes you think twice about giving him a lucrative long term deal.

Which DeSean will show up in 2012?

1. How to insert Dynamic Drive codes and scripts on my Joomla site?

2. What is the best way for a recent creative writing grad to get an agent?

3. Malena Luco says:

I am not a fan of India, but they were great in this tournament. Will be interesting to see if they can win away from home next time around.

4. The final was a bit of a let down, I thought Sri Lanka was going to pull off a win. India was the best side though.

5. Can I just say what a relief to find someone who really knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know easy methods to deliver an issue to gentle and make it important. More individuals need to learn this and perceive this facet of the story. I cant consider youre not more common since you positively have the gift.

6. I could not refrain from commenting. Perfectly written!

7. Internet Fax says:

I needed to compose you one bit of note to help say thank you once again with the precious solutions you’ve discussed here. This is certainly tremendously open-handed of people like you to allow unreservedly all that a number of people could possibly have made available for an e book to help make some money on their own, even more so seeing that you could have tried it in the event you decided. The guidelines as well acted as the fantastic way to comprehend other people online have similar zeal like my personal own to learn very much more concerning this issue. I’m sure there are millions of more pleasant occasions up front for individuals who find out your blog.

8. Internet Fax says:

It’s really a nice and helpful piece of information. I am glad that you shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

9. Great info it is really. My mother has been waiting for this info.

10. fQYiUW Muchos Gracias for your article post. Really Cool.

11. Cariana says:

i’m an amateur blogger, and i appreciate your work a lot, any good tips for me?http://www.magiccampusbrasil.net

12. Anunciação says:

nice review over herehttp://www.hdparanotebook.com

13. I gotta favorite this internet site it seems very helpful .

14. Andy Brenes says:

Thanks for this blog. very amazing .. Hope to see much more from you.

15. Cassilda says:

good pointhttp://www.emprestimopessoalibi.com

16. Beatriz says:

how long does it take you to finish a good article like this one?http://www.celularcomchip.com

17. Denazaide says:

thank you for your tips! useful for mehttp://www.gustavolima.org

18. […] Eagles finally made some serious noise yesterday when they signed DeSean Jackson to a long term deal.  The contract is almost unanimously being viewed as […]

19. rage114 says:

This is reasonable and a good move. Some people didn’t like his attitude last year (me included) and some people question his durability (legit concern) but you can’t just replace that kind of talent.

In the end, his contract to less than half of Fitzgeralds (the one he reportedly was looking for last year). Again, reasonable.

20. Free Plax says:

Some players excell when you make them sing for their supper and other players shrink. Good news for the Eagles is if DeSean put’s up 900 yards when he is having a bad year, his upside when he is happy with his head in the game is very high.

21. Steve D. says:

Eagles are clearing a lot of cap space with these new contracts. They must be planning a surprise Peyton Manning signing, then they will trade Vick to Cleveland for their second #1 draft pick. (I don’t actually think any of this is happening, but if I tweeted it maybe it would make the rumors on PFT.

22. Some Chump says:

My first job out of college paid me mid 30’s, about half the going rate for my title, and it was at a very reputable company. I took it because I was desperate, but I was pissed. After a year of working hard, i got about a 3% raise. BIG WHOOP. Another year goes by, I present my case for a raise, and get a 10% raise/promotion. So now I’m in the mid 40’s and still a solid 30k/year less than my older peers doing the same work as me arguably not as well. Still pissed but job market still sucks and I’m spending all day every day looking for a different job, while simultaneously Not putting in any decent effort at all. F it. Anyways, finally found a new job, getting paid the going rate, and I work my ass off and appreciate getting paid my value/perceived value and earning it.

23. Tom says:

PFT reports $15 mil guaranteed, which is a lot cheaper than a lot of the other deals getting done the last couple of days. Plus the cap number for 2012 goes down. I think it’s a good deal for both, and I’m not the biggest DJax fan.

1. Anders says:

They way Joe Banner makes contracts, the deal will always be good for the Eagles. I havnt seen a single contract under Joe Banner there would come and hunt them.

24. Anders says:

Now we just need to sign Mathis and this is becoming a very good FA period even tho we havnt signed a single FA from another team