WaPost report: Redskins poised for hard sell to Peyton Manning

Article here.

The Washington Redskins are poised to make an aggressive effort in coming days to sign quarterback Peyton Manning, who became perhaps the highest-profile free agent in NFL history with the announcement of his release by the Indianapolis Colts Wednesday.

Several people familiar with the Redskins’ plans said the team is comfortable with the risks associated with signing Manning, who missed all of last season with the Colts after undergoing a series of neck surgeries. The team will pursue him intently, they said.

Is anyone staking out Dan Snyder’s private jet?  Welcome to Manning Week.

1. Rzeszow says:

I’ll immediately grab your rss as I can’t in finding your e-mail subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Please let me know in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

2. I am taking the Internet seriously now. I am retired and can dive into it. I am reading blogs on many topics, and commenting too. I think I really appreciate the basics of what you have here in this blog. Well you know I have my own blog and website now. It is fun, to be sure. My email and site are included with this post. Is it ok that I included them? TheVeryBest2You 13 10

3. Thanks for every other informative website. Where else may I get that kind of information written in such an ideal way? I have a mission that I am just now running on, and I’ve been at the look out for such information.

4. click here says:

What i don’t understood is in truth how you are no longer really a lot more well-favored than you may be now. You’re very intelligent. You already know thus significantly on the subject of this subject, made me individually imagine it from so many varied angles. Its like women and men don’t seem to be interested until it’s one thing to do with Lady gaga! Your personal stuffs excellent. Always deal with it up!

5. Catrina says:

nice review over herehttp://www.1001passagens.com

6. Jimmie says:

Intriguing article – thanks. This was a truly entertaining post. Thanks!

7. Our expedition carried out by schools from Western Australia, Sweden, Wales and England. We will be surveying glaciers in Sweden, ground water in Aus then working in the arctic to measure ice cap thickness, twice in two years to see what the difference is. We have schools ready to work with us and will film all aspects for TV documentary lasting two years. The surveys will be carried out by Uni entry level students each year looking to do science degrees. We are trying to improve the awareness of environmental issues with students and foster international friendships and also physical fitness.
    Surely we should qualify for some grants and possibly the Aus $50K ask. grant through our WA school. We need sponsors also.
    I have been asked to lead the expedition and put it together, and as part of a challenge issued by the producer
    I have to find a job with a multinational company that can legitimately send me to Sweden and Aus and sponsor me through salary for the next two years at least

8. Hear Me says:

Skins get Manning,Eagles Get Connor, Boys get Finnegan!

9. Immynimmy says:

Hey Jimmy, the link to the article is broken.

1. Oops, fixed.

Thanks.

10. Euler.is.a.pimp says:

I know it would be bad for the Eagles, but I want this to happen so badly.

1. If he’s healthy and the Skins sign him, an the very least, it will definitely be bad for the Eagles/Giants/Cowboys in 2012 and 2013.

I don’t know if it makes that team serious contenders overnight, but it most definitely makes them a hell of a lot better overnight.

1. Tracer Bullet says:

It takes them from laughing stock to mediocre, but as has been said before, I’d still prefer two to four years (and maybe not that much) of a diminished Manning over a decade of a potentially transcendent RGIII.

1. Roy says:

I hope the Skins see your logic, because I prefer Griffin. But do they have the patience to wait for the draft?

2. bdawk4ever says:

Honestly, I’m really not that scared, even if Peyton is healthy.

1. Euler.is.a.pimp says:

The Eagles barely beat the Skins in the first meeting with Rexie at the helm. The jump from him to a healthy Peyton Manning is essentially the jump from Mike McMahon to McNabb. The team has a solid defense and if they add a WR they’ll be a problem with Manning.

2. D3Keith says:

Yeah I don’t really see it either.

The Redskins aren’t that far away, and by fixing QB without using the No. 6 pick, they can add an offensive weapon. But I really doubt that Kyle and Peyton can co-exist, and I’m not sure Peyton is a 16-game-a-year QB anymore, especially if the Redskins lack OL depth.

And by the time the rest of the roster is really good, Peyton will be done IMO.

I’d be far more worried if they got Flynn + No. 6 pick. RGIII makes the most sense for their improvement curve, and they could add the weapons via FA.

3. Euler.is.a.pimp says:

They don’t need to be contenders to ruins any of those teams’ seasons. It makes them a threat to take 2 games from the Eagles though and block them from the playoffs.

1. Tracer Bullet says:

That’s a lot of money just to play spoiler, especially when it means they won’t have a QB in 1-4 years.