Full season snap count notes: Eagles defense

Snap count data per Pro Football Focus:

Cullen Jenkins 652 Keenan Clayton 156
Trent Cole 640 Brandon Hughes 91
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie 406 Antonio Dixon 86
Joselio Hanson 355 Brandon Graham 56
Derek Landri 351 Curtis Marsh 13
Trevor Laws 332

Commentary after the jump…

- Every Eagle defender missed at least 100 snaps.  Obviously, that’s not good.

- 27 Eagle defenders saw playing time.  Again, that’s not good.

- Nate Allen saw 770 snaps after a pretty bad injury the previous season, and his play improved as the season progressed.  I’m optimistic for Nate to play well in 2012.

- Darryl Tapp is set to make $2.575 in 2012.  He only played 262 snaps in 2011, and that was even with the help of Trent Cole missing 2 games.  I like Tapp as a player (and so does Jim Washburn), but I’m expecting him to be cut.

- Trevor Laws was the Eagles’ first pick (2nd round) in the 2008 draft.  He has a total of 1144 snaps for his career (286 per season).  I think it’s safe to consider him a bust at this point.

- Just before the season was set to begin, the Eagles cut Joselio Hanson.  I threw a hissy fit.  They wound up re-signing him and getting 355 snaps out of him, just 51 less than DRC.

- Jarrad Page last just 310 snaps before the Eagles cut him.  Those are 310 snaps I hope to forget someday.

- Casey Matthews’ snap counts on the season: 59, 53, 34, 2, 1, 0, 0, 3, 4, 0, 1, 3, 50, 26, 34, 62.

- Brandon Graham… 56 snaps.  That makes me a sad panda.

1. sem calcinha says:

Adoro me mostrar peladinha na web cam

2. One of the more impressive blogs Ive seen. Thanks so much for keeping the internet classy for a change. Youve got style, class, bravado. I mean it. Please keep it up because without the internet is definitely lacking in intelligence.

3. Adriana says:

Gostei muito desse site!

4. Burt says:

Dude! When did Jaiquawn Jarret have 240 snaps? I barely remember seeing him at all?

5. Mark says:

have some fun – put their draft round next to their names. go ahead, I dare you.

6. Matt G says:

Didn’t tapp miss 3-4 games this year too? Some with a pectoral injury and one with a ankle injury?

1. D3Keith says:

7. [...] Good stuff from Jimmy Bama on the Eagles and full season snap counts for the defense.  Weird, though.  It says Jarrad Page on there.  I don’t recall him playing for the Eagles.  Must not have been very memorable if I was able to forget so quickly…or I spent lots of $ on therapy to make it go away.  The horror, the horror. [...]

8. Will says:

Why did Casey Matthews end up getting a lot of snaps at the end of the season?

1. Anders says:

He played as one of the nickle LBs

1. Will says:

Did he play it well? Or not horrendous?

1. He didn’t stand out either way, so let’s go with “not horrendous,” which was a huge improvement.

9. Tracer Bullet says:

Man, I had such high hopes for Laws. He was a beast at Notre Dame, but I guess that just goes to illustrate the dangers of drafting the one competent player on a terrible defense. But I’m sure Kuechly will be different (cough).

10. Anders says:

I know Cole missed two games, but dam that alot less snaps for him and he still managed the same production as his other years.

1. Yep, 6 sacks in the last 5 games, which was atypical of his usual late-season production. He was fresh.

1. Anders says:

another reason to like Washburns heavy rotation system. I really hope Graham and Hunt can improve and get more snaps next year.