Snap count numbers per Pro Football Focus:
|Ryan Kerrigan||1056||Perry Riley||505|
|DeAngelo Hall||1036||Kevin Barnes||430|
|London Fletcher||1033||DeJon Gomes||210|
|Josh Wilson||972||Kedric Golston||174|
|Brian Orakpo||958||Chris Neild||163|
|Stephen Bowen||815||Byron Westbrook||127|
|Barry Cofield||789||Darrion Scott||112|
|Oshiomogho Atogwe||699||Rob Jackson||111|
|Reed Doughty||680||Keyaron Fox||51|
|Adam Carriker||622||Kentwan Balmer||28|
|Rocky McIntosh||516||Lorenzo Alexander||11|
|LaRon Landry||513||Brandyn Thompson||4|
Commentary after the jump…
– Ryan Kerrigan played every defensive snap this season. All of them. A rookie. Wow.
– London Fletcher has never missed a game in his looooong NFL career. Some people thought he might miss one this season after he pulled a hammy. Nope. He missed just 23 snaps this season. He missed only 4 snaps the previous season. He missed 15 in 2009. And he turns 37 in May.
– Rocky McIntosh’s season started off so promising, and then he fell off a cliff and was benched. Perry Riley replaced him an had just 11 fewer snaps on the season.
– Safeties typically get the most snaps of defenses around the NFL, because they pretty much don’t come off the field, no matter what the package is. LaRon Landry’s snap count percentages the last two years: 2011, 48.6%. 2010, 59%. Meanwhile, FS Oshiomogho Atogwe only played 66.2% on the defensive snaps in 2011. Whenever you need Reed Doughty to play 680 snaps, you’re in for some trouble.
– Hmmm… didn’t know Kentwan Balmer was still in the league. Bad job by me. That guy was a 1st round pick in ’08.
– Chris Neild had two sacks in the first game, and then that was pretty much the end of seeing his name the rest of the season.