I guess today is Redskins’ day. Numbers per Pro Football Focus:
|Chris Chester||1103||Willie Smith||273|
|Will Montgomery||1103||Tim Hightower||218|
|Rex Grossman||886||John Beck||217|
|Jabar Gaffney||871||Terrence Austin||201|
|Jammal Brown||785||Erik Cook||182|
|Fred Davis||765||Chris Cooley||173|
|Santana Moss||643||Niles Paul||162|
|Trent Williams||640||Evan Royster||158|
|Maurice Hurt||557||Ryan Torain||150|
|Roy Helu||556||Leonard Hankerson||126|
|Logan Paulson||365||David Anderson||102|
|Donte Stallworth||332||Michael Sellers||51|
|Anthony Armstrong||321||Dominique Byrd||14|
|Sean Locklear||292||Tashard Choice||10|
|Kory Lichtensteiger||291||Brandon Banks||6|
|Tyler Polumbus||289||Richard Quinn||5|
|Darrel Young||286||Rob Myers||1|
– The Redskins Had the most offensive players see the playing field this season in the NFC East. They had 34. The Cowboys had 30, the Giants had 28, and the Eagles had just 25.
– The Skins played a whopping 9 wide receivers and 6 tight ends.
– Chris Chester and Will Montgomery join Eli Manning as the only NFC East offensive players to play every snap.
– Fred Davis and Trent Williams missed the final 4 games for smoking weed, and yet, they still played the 6th and 9th most snaps, respectively.
– A quick comparison between Jabar Gaffney and DeSean Jackson:
– The Skins drafted 6 offensive players in the 2011 draft. 5 of them played. Aldrick Robinson was on the practice squad for the majority of the season, but was activated after they cut Ryan Torain.
– Only 3 Redskins played at least 80% of the team’s offensive snaps, and one of them was benched for 3 and a half games in favor of John Beck. Obviously, that’s not good.
– The Redskins looked like they might have a great tandem of TE’s, but they lost Chris Cooley for the season because of a bum knee. Cooley thought he was a victim of the lockout. It’ll be interesting to see if a full offseason of rehab will help Cooley get back to something close to what he once was.