Reminder: The numbers after the players’ names indicates what round CBS projects them to be drafted.
It’s going to be a long day of practices tomorrow. Today it was one team or the other, as they practiced at different facilities. Tomorrow, I’ll get my first look at the North team bright and early, and the South team again in the afternoon.
7 on 7’s:
– Nick Foles (2) throws a string of incompletions. 3 in a row. Two of them are intended for Jeff Fuller (4-5). Fuller has excellent size, but looks a little slow. Foles’ first completion in the drill is a checkdown to Chris Rainey. Checkdowns in 7 on 7’s are wins for the defense.
– Quick slant to Dwight Jones (2-3). Solid contact after the catch by Janoris Jenkins (1-2). (It’s shells and shorts, so contact is limited.) I mentioned earlier that Jenkins is little chippy.
– Ryan Lindley (3) completes a McNabb-like wormball to Dwight Jones. Jones does a nice job getting his hands under it.
– Nice ball by Lindley on a deep post to Juron Criner (7-FA).
– Swing pass from Brandon Weeden (4) to Vick Ballard (4). Nigel Bradham (3-4) shows good closing speed in chasing him out of bounds.
– Nice catch by Joe Adams (4-5) on a little out. Adams looks very fast. He’s quickly growing on me.
– Nothing open. Foles runs. It’s always funny when QBs run in 7 on 7 drills.
– Another McNabb ball, this time by Lindley, and not a worm ball. This time it’s a laser from short distance. Chris Rainey (5-6) can’t handle it.
– Really nice play here: Dwight Jones runs a stop and go, but Brandon Boykin (2-3) doesn’t bite on the fake and stays right with him. Lindley throws a great ball, which Jones goes up and gets, despite good coverage by Boykin.
(More after the jump)
11 on 11’s:
– Nice diving catch by Joe Adams over the middle. Did I mention I like Adams yet? Oh, I did? OK.
– Brandon Weeden (4) rolls left to escape pressure and throws on the run, hitting Brad Smelley. Nice play. If the Skins don’t sign a guy like Matt Flynn or trade up to grab Robert Griffin III (1), Weeden could very much be in play for the Skins. No way Weeden lasts until the 4th, by the way, as CBS has him ranked.
– Lindley throws a deep corner route that goes into the 8th row. He threw a gorgeous deep ball in 7 n 7’s, but this one was way off.
– Jeff Allen (5-6) is having trouble dealing with Melvin Ingram (1). If the Cowboys let Anthony Spencer walk, Ingram could be a nice fit opposite DeMarcus Ware. Ingram, by the way, is standing out for a reason other than his obvious athleticism – He has a Redskins helmet on.
– The Skins’ coaching staff is showing bothe 3-4 and 4-3 looks. Interesting that Courtney Upshaw (1) is lining up at DE in the 4-3 looks.
– Nice catch by Deangelo Peterson (6) in traffic.
– Looking at Sean Spence (2-3), if I didn’t know any better I’d think he was a corner. Kid can play though.
– After practice, Juan Castillo had a long conversation with Texas LB Keenan Robinson. Tommy Lawlor of IgglesBlitz noticed it too and gave his thoughts on Robinson. Phil Savage also talked with DE Jake Bequette (4-5) from Arkansas.The Eagles (and every other team for that matter) are going to be talking to literally hundreds of players between now and the NFL Draft, so don’t pencil in Robinson as an Eagle just yet, but it is certainly worth noting.