1) The Eagles can win the division. Here are the 4 things that need to go down for that to happen:
A) The Eagles have to beat the Cowboys in Dallas. The opening line for that game is Dallas -3.5.
B) The Giants have to lose to the Jets in NJ, with the Jets being the “home team.” The Jets are 2-point favorites right now.
C) The Eagles have to beat the Redskins in Philly.
D) The Giants have to beat the Cowboys in NJ.
Now, the odds remain rather long that all four of those scenarios will play out, but if you take each of those games individually, all 4 of those things can most certainly happen. You can put Philly away for good on your own next week, Dallas. Let’s see what’chu got.
2) I said this last week, but I think it’s worth saying it again. Kudos to Mike Shanahan and the Redskins. They stink, but that team hasn’t quit.
4) Antrel Rolle said that the Giants would beat the Redskins 99 out of 100 times. That means that the Redskins sweeping the Giants this season had a likelihood of 1 in 9801. Antrel math, at the end of the day.
5) Jabar Gaffney: 58 catches, 842 yards, 4 TD. DeSean Jackson: 49 catches, 785 yards, 3 TD.
6) Brent Celek is having himself a great 2nd half of the season. Here are his numbers. They haven’t yet added in his 156 yard performance today, as of me publishing this. Check out the first 5 games, and then the last 9. People were all over him when the Eagles were 1-4 (myself included), but he has bounced back in a major way. He’s a surprisingly good athlete. Showed his wheels on the 74 yard catch and run.
7) Raise your hand if you’re a Cowboys fan and you’re worried that some of your guys were buying weed/cocaine from Sam Hurd.
8) Tampa leads the league in missed tackles. I wasn’t sure how that could be possible in a league that included the 2011 Philadelphia Eagles, but then I saw the Bucs play Saturday, and I understood. I should also note here that the Eagles tackling against the Jets was superb.
9) Could Jason Babin really break the sack record? He needs 4.5 to tie Michael Strahan. Imagine that… NFL single season sack record… Jason Babin. It just doesn’t sound right. He’ll face Tyron Smith next week (Babin had 2 sacks vs Dallas earlier this season), and Jammal Brown the following week. It’s unlikely, but he’s within striking distance.
10) I think the NFL needs to offer a feed of a camera fixed on Jerry Jones and his entourage in the luxury box. I would set up an extra TV in my living room for that. Tell me you wouldn’t watch that. Kind of like the Truman Show, but… you know… funny.
11) Point differentials in the NFC East: Cowboys +52, Eagles +31, Giants -38, Redskins -48.
12) At the end of the Cowboys game Saturday, Dallas got a humongous scare when Tyron Smith went down. He’s fine. However, that very moment caused Cowboys fans nationwide to google “Cowboys depth chart” to see who would have to fill in. It’s Jermey Parnell, just FYI. The point here… The Cowboys have zilch in the way of OL depth.
13) The Eagles have hung 80 points and 915 yards on the Ryan brothers in 2 games this season. Round 3 upcoming.
14) Yeah, the Bucs stink. Yeah, their defense is putrid. Yeah, their offense is too. But give the Cowboys credit. It was a game they had to win, and win they did, in convincing fashion. They now have an extra day to prepare for Philly. Unfortunately, Rob’s brother didn’t show much in the way of how to stop Philly’s offense.
15) Speaking of which… Rob Ryan, I’m talking to you. You know that running play where the Eagles show run to the right, then Shady cuts back to the left where DeMarcus Ware is met by a pulling TE? The play that has been absolutely destroying Dallas for 2 years now? Yeah, they’re going to run that again next week. Might want to prepare for it.