The NFC East All-Terrible Team: Offense

First, the disclaimer: We’re only doing players that saw significant action this season, which would eliminate the likes of Chad Hall, Steve Smith, Tashard Choice, etc.  Otherwise, it’s pretty self-explanatory:

Pos Player Team Comment
QB John Beck Redskins Got his opportunity when the Skins benched Rex Grossman, until the Skins realized that they had a better chance to win games with Rex. Obviously, that’s not good.
RB Brandon Jacobs Giants The timing is a little off putting Jacobs on this list, since Dallas made him look like a good running back again last week. But he’s clearly the worst of the NFC East running backs that see significant action.
WR DeSean Jackson Eagles Dropped TDs, atrocious effort at times, and a suspension for violating team rules. Some guys light it up in their contract years. Not DeSean. What a disaster 2011 was for him.
WR Mario Manningham Giants Many (including myself) were predicting a breakout season for Manningham. Instead, he lost his starting job to Victor Cruz.
TE Martellus Bennett Cowboys Another season waiting for this guy to do something, another year of nothing. 10 catches, 88 yards, 0 TD.
TE Fred Davis Redskins Early on, Brent Celek was having a miserable season, but he has since turned it around and has played well. Fred Davis, meanwhile, looked to be having a breakout season, but didn’t have enough self control to just not smoke weed and get suspended for 4 games. If the Redskins were actually in contention, Davis and Trent Williams would be getting absolutely villified in DC, but with the Skins once again playing meaningless games again in December, nobody really cares.
LT Trent Williams Redskins Doug Free got some consideration here as well as he has been a huge disappointment this year after signing a bigtime contract, but again, see Fred Davis above.
LG David Diehl Giants Is Diehl the worst starting OG in the league? I’d be a liar if I were to claim that I’ve analyzed the offensive lines for all 32 teams, but I’d be surprised if anyone out there has been worse.
C Phil Costa Cowboys See what I wrote about Diehl above? Substitute Costa’s name in for Diehl, and C in for OG.
RG Kyle DeVan Eagles Started the first four games in Philly, then got cut. He’s not curently on an NFL roster.
RT Jammal Brown Redskins The #1 priority for the Redskins this offseason is finding a QB. #2 is finding another tackle to protect him, because methinks Jammal Brown is done.

1. Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the pictures on this blog loading? I’m trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog. Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated.

2. You should go at least once, just for the history, just to see that hey, this is where your culture came from well, if you

3. Just want to say your article is as amazing. The clarity on your publish is just excellent and that i could suppose you’re knowledgeable on this subject. Well together with your permission let me to take hold of your RSS feed to stay up to date with imminent post. Thanks 1,000,000 and please carry on the gratifying work.

4. دومين says:

I do consider all of the concepts you have introduced on your post. They’re very convincing and will certainly work. Still, the posts are very brief for novices. Could you please prolong them a bit from subsequent time? Thank you for the post.

5. Have you ever considered about including a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is valuable and everything. Nevertheless just imagine if you added some great images or video clips to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with pics and videos, this blog could undeniably be one of the best in its niche. Good blog!

6. Spencer Miah says:

For the “letter to the editor,” can one send his/her blog post to the editor. The instructions say: “Letters to the editor should only be sent to The Times, and not to other publications. We do not publish open letters or third-party letters.”. . Does that mean blog posts, too?. . Thanks a lot..

7. I was recommended this website by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my trouble. You are incredible! Thanks!

8. Kole Marreel says:

Ensuite il ya des m dicaments mollients f caux sont souvent prescrits pour pr venir et traiter la constipation tandis que les m dicaments anti spasmodiques sont utilis s pour r duire les crampes et la diarrh e Anti d presseurs peut aussi soulager certains sympt mes Toutefois le spasmodiques et

9. HTC Sync says:

In the great scheme of things you secure a B+ just for hard work. Where exactly you lost me was in your facts. As it is said, details make or break the argument.. And it could not be more accurate at this point. Having said that, allow me say to you exactly what did deliver the results. The authoring is highly convincing which is most likely the reason why I am making an effort in order to comment. I do not make it a regular habit of doing that. Secondly, despite the fact that I can easily notice a jumps in reasoning you make, I am definitely not convinced of just how you seem to unite your ideas which in turn make the actual conclusion. For the moment I will, no doubt yield to your point but trust in the near future you link your dots much better.

10. andiamo says:

take Brandon off…the Oline is horrible and his #’s are damn near exactly the same as Bradshaws. I know people will point to the fact that Bradshaw has a foot…but Jacobs also dealt w/ an MCL this season. So, frankly I’d put it more on the Giants Oline (McKenzie is also playing pretty damn bad) and Baas and Snee even had some down right disgusting games this year.

11. norman says:

still don’t understand how weed causes suspensions.

Teams should test for it and enforce individual policies themselves, much like employers do now.

Anyway, pet peeve. Good list.

$5 on Asante at CB and Page at Safety.

1. Steve says:

It’s because the players need to “protect the shield” or whatever other bullshit Roger Goodell is rambling on about.

12. One.cool.customer says:

I would like to see more than two Egales on the all-terrible defense team, but apart from that, I like the format. How about:

The all-rookie team, the all-overpaid team, the all-stat-leaders team, the all-draft-bust team, the all-penalty team etc.

1. There will definitely be more than 2 Eagles on the D.

1. Tracer Bullet says:

I count at least five. Six if you include Matthews.

13. Free Plax says:

Side note, can we get more Uncle Jimmy stories?

1. Yeah, I think I’m going to do one/week. Probably on Saturdays, when there’s no news.

14. Free Plax says:

My NFC East All bad team

QB – Vince Young Eagles, has just as many starts as Beck and worse stats, 4 TD 9 Int’s 60.8 QB rating Becks is 72.1 VY beast Beck out and it’s not that close

RB – Brandon Jacobs is a very worthy candidate however I would have to go with Felix Jones, less rushing yards and 1 rushing TD, Both back are not starters but Felix lost his job as the starter.

TE – Can’t go with Bennett on this only because the guy has been hurt most of the season, and that’s the only reason I don’t agree. I agree on Fred Davis, any moron in his contract year that can’t stop smoking weed deserves to be on this list.

WR – It’s easy to pick on DeSean Jackson, but in reality he still has a chance at a 1000 yard season, and I would say Eagles Management is 40% responsible for his season with there lets leave one of our best players in limbo all season and see what happens. Steve Smith made 3 times Desean’s salary, I would be pissed too if I was Desean I would give the award of all terrible to Riley Cooper,
    WR – Manningham has been battling knee problems all season, but his stats are terrible not to mention the easy TD drops, he is definitly all – terrible this season.
    LT – Trent Wiliams, puff puff pass – how the hell do you get caught 3 times during the season?
    LG – Dave Diehl, this guy is a shell of himself, Eli should get badge of courage for playing behind this guy cause he is always blowing assignments.
    C – Only because of Injury do I go with Phil Costa over David Bass
    RG – I go with Chris Snee here, terrible season.
    RT – Kareem McKenzie, top about drop offs, one of the best RT’s last year, this year getting beat like a drum, not to mention no run blocking what so ever

1. I considered VY, but at least he won a game.

1. Free Plax says:

LOL, fair point

15. Will says:

I thought for sure Ronnie Brown would have the Quarterback position wrapped up

16. Tracer Bullet says:

DeVan deserves special mention because the guy who replaced him is probably the second worst RG in the division. And, disclaimer aside, we really should find room for stev smit on this list. LVP?

17. DerfDiggy says:

Hahaha…I can’t wait for the defense.

Cowboys at 7 or 8 spots…at least!

1. Eagles and Giants are plenty awful too.

1. Immynimmy says:

It would probably be easier to do an NFC [NOT] All-Terrible team

The only people that wouldn’t make the all terrible defense are
        Giants- JPP, Webster, Osi(maybe), and maybe a few others
        Eagles- Jenkins, Cole, Babin (Run D aside), and maybe Rolle.

1. Joe says:

While he does disappear at times, I dont think that D Ware would deserve to left off the NFC (NOT) all terrible defense

1. Immynimmy says:

Yeah, not sure how I forgot about Demarcus freaking Ware…oops.

18. Jay Walker (GIB) says:

RB2. Ronnie Brown. If for no other reason then that horrible and odd pass he attempted.

1. peterhad says:

have to agree on that
      Also suprised WR wasnt Steve Smith. Cruz playing out of his mind is more the cause of MM’s lost starting job.

1. peterhad says:

sorry didnt see that

19. drWNC David says:

Explains the year…
    “QB John Beck Redskins Got his opportunity when the Skins benched Rex Grossman, until the Skins realized that they had a better chance to win games with Rex. Obviously, that’s not good”
    And the Redskins having 4 of the 11 spots, which is easy to agree with…Draft=Offense, year 3 of the 5 year plan