The Giants may be 6-2 and the Eagles 3-5, but Wawa >>>>>>> Quick Chek

For those of you unfamiliar, Wawa is an ultra-convenience store in the Philly region where you can get gas, a great sandwich, free ATM, anything really.  Actually, scratch that.  It’s not an “ultra-convenience store.”  It’s the greatest store on Earth.  I don’t feel like I’m over-selling that either.  Quik Check, meanwhile, is its neighbor to the north, servicing most of North Jersey and surrounding.

Anyway, I went to Quick Chek today, and got the lamest sandwich ever.  I’m now hungry and cranky, and must be heard.

My letter to the CEO of Quick Chek earlier today:

Lamest... sandwich... ever.

(Redacted),

Sorry to bother you with this, as I’m sure you’re a very busy man, but as a CEO of a great organization like Quick Chek, I thought you might be interested in some constructive criticism.  I went to your store in (Redacted), NJ this afternoon and ordered an English muffin with butter, as well as a Taylor ham & cheese sandwich.

The English muffin was inedible.  It was so stale that in some parts I couldn’t even bite through it.  That’s no exaggeration.  Even though I knew it was extremely stale and likely sitting out for a long time, I tried to bite through it just to see if I could.  Nope.

The Taylor ham and cheese, on the other hand, might have been the lamest sandwich I’ve ever had.  I attached a picture, which is bad as is, but really doesn’t even do it justice.  One thin piece of Taylor ham, and one thin slice of cheese on a roll is apparently what you get for $4 at your (Redacted location) store.  On no level anywhere could that reasonably be considered a legitimate sandwich.

It was less like a Taylor ham and cheese sandwich, and more like Taylor ham flavored bread.  I’m not sure if it’s company policy for a Taylor ham and cheese sandwich to rationed that way, or if that particular store is just terrible.  Either way, it’s unacceptable.

Best Regards,

Jimmy Kempski

Wawa, oh how I miss you so.  As fans of the NFC East, we argue over stuff like… Who’s better?  Dez Bryant, Hakeem Nicks, Jeremy Maclin, or… um… well the Redskins have to sit that one out.  But I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Quick Chek doesn’t even so much as sniff the greatness of Wawa.  Not sure what you guys have down in DC or Dallas, but Wawa is better than whatever you guys have, too.

1. Dick Forline says:

Good day! This post could not be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my good old room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this article to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!

2. Hi, I think your blog might be having browser compatibility issues. When I look at your blog site in Ie, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, excellent blog!

3. gsmarena says:

Wow, this was awesome haha.

4. Great blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog jump out. Please let me know where you got your theme. With thanks

5. Tiera Karty says:

Howdy! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be ok. I’m absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

6. When I read your blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me for a lot as this one. I mean, I understand it had become my solution to learn, however I actually thought youd have something fascinating to convey. All I hear is usually a lot of whining about the first thing which you may repair just in case you werent too busy searching for attention.

7. Kyle Roswell says:

Nuttige informatie, hier kan ik zeker wat mee bedankt!

8. Simply desire to say your article is as astonishing. The clearness in your post is simply nice and i can assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the enjoyable work.

9. I truly wish I had not witnessed this particular as I really want only one now!

10. Jefferey Van says:

Hey there! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a collection of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us useful information to work on. You have done a extraordinary job!

11. Abnormal this submit is totaly unrelated to what I used to be looking out google for, nevertheless it used to be indexed on the first page. I assume your doing one thing right if Google likes you sufficient to place you at the first page of a non comparable search.

12. dress shoes says:

Certainly believe that which you said. Your preferred cause appeared to be in the web the easiest thing to consider of. I say to you, We definitely obtain annoyed even while people think about issues that they just do not comprehend about. A person managed to strike the actual toe nail upon the very best and also described out the whole factor without necessity side-effect , people might take a signal. Will likely be again to get more. Thank you

13. Hi there, just required you to know I he added your website to my Google bookmarks due to your layout. But seriously, I feel your net internet site has 1 in the freshest theme I??ve came across. It extremely helps make looking at your website significantly easier.

14. I loved the post! really enjoyed it, If you need a hand with your SEO just let me know

15. Steve says:

At one time I was the General Manager of Wawa store 39 in Trooper. There’s a reason why Wawa is the best at what they do. When they get a letter or an email or a phone call they send out an email to the area manager and the store that it’s directed to. This way if there’s a problem it gets fixed. They usually hire better workers also. Starting wage at most Wawa’s is around 9.00 so they don’t get the scrubs that work at McDonalds for minimum wage.
    Some interesting facts though, Wawa has about 700 stores in PA,NJ,DE,VA,and MD. But .1% of all gass sold in the us is at Wawa.
    Also for anyone taking a vacation to Florida; on November 9th Wawa broke ground on the first of 5 stores planed to open in Florida early next year. It is located right outside the gates to Sea World.

16. Free Plax says:

I never go to Quick Check, 7-11 if I’m in a pinch, but North Jersey has a ton of deli’s that serve real sandwiches. That sandwich was pathetic.

WaWA and Sheetz are good though!

17. Mikesta says:

Lol at the Quick Chek website

” RESTAURANT QUALITY, NO RESERVATIONS NEEDED.”

This is what the Eagles have reduced Jimmy to… sad and hilarious at the same time.

19. Tbot says:

I have had the Sheetz vs Wawa argument many times. From my experience its usually a regional pride thing. As in, whatever you are used to, you prefer. Which may cloud my judgment because I also fall into this pattern.

I grew up in Newark, DE (Wawa territory) and now live in Lancaster, which appears to be the border area between Wawas and Sheetz. I definitely prefer Wawa; Sheetz has the better menu but always takes significantly longer for service. I have gone into Wawa with 6-7 people in front of me and gotten my food faster than when I am the only person in a Sheetz.

With that said, I will take either of them over all the crappy Turkey Hill convenience stores they have around here.

1. shane says:

Don’t knock turkey hill ice tea. Only thing they got going for them

20. Jeremy Maclin's weiner says:

7-11 bitch.

1. adbrunsonsr says:

LOL…..7-11 is sooo…..90s….get with the times man

21. bdawk4ever says:

I actually find Sheetz’s to be better than Wawa’s. Th Wawa’s I’ve been in are nice, but the selection in ordering food isn’t as large as Sheetz’s. But then I’m in Lancaster where we don’t have Wawa’s.

1. Turd.Ferguson says:

There’s two Wawa’s on Rt 30E not more than 10 miles outside of Lancaster. In fact there’s one a few hundred yards away from the Eagles EndZone store.

2. shane says:

Completely agree

22. RogerPodacter says:

i gotta agree. been living up north for a while now. during college, quick chek was the only place to go. countless times i was left feeling sick after eating one of their ‘sandwiches’.

we recently got a wawa up here off I-280 near US46. pretty far north, i’d say. there was a surprisingly high level of anticipation for it beforehand too.

one thing that makes me sad, though is how wawa has been abandoning a lot of the stores that didnt have the gas station. sure, there are still a few left, but from what i understand, they are privately owned and not franchised, which allows them to operate as they please. sometimes i just want wawa sandwiches and it would definitely be nicer if there were more around.

1. I’m well aware of the Parsippany Wawa. I go there every single time I have to use 280.

1. Steve D. says:

Fellow Eagles fan in North Jersey. Stop by the Wawa off 280 every time I need gas on the way to or from work and often when I don’t need gas.

23. Matt G says:

I live in Frederick MD, which is about 30-45 min. outside of DC and we have a few Wawa’s the area and they are good. But my favorite Sheetz, they also have gas, good food not just sandwiches (menu is huge), free atm, free air for tires. Favorite place to stop after a long night of drinking on the town.

1. Shaun says:

I live down in Richmond, VA and we have tons of Wawa’s around here….they are prevelant here and down in the 757 (tidewater) area of VA…you go further south into NC, then you get Sheetz so @ Matt G, I totally agree with Sheetz being a great store as well…but its #2 compared to Wawa. Great gas prices, free air, great food….hell i would live in a Wawas if I had a bed in there lol

1. Wow, didn’t realize they went down that far.

24. Jason-E says:

There’s wawa’s in the MD area. We used to stop there everyday on our way to Baltimore for work. Greatest store ever is an understatement. I don’t know if they go as far south as D.C., but I would imagine they do. I’m in Kansas now, and nothing comes close. No convienent stores sell sandwiches here. Just nasty hotdogs and tornados spinning on an steel bars of disgusting. I haven’t been everywhere in this miserable state, but I have yet to find a decent sandwich. And if you can’t find a good sandwich at a deli, you sure as hell can’t get one at a gas station.