As always, snap count data per Pro Football Focus:
Seahawks-Cowboys – 65 total snaps on O, 66 on D.
– DeMarco Murray is clearly looking like the new #1 RB in Dallas. He got a new season high in snap counts, with 49.
– Why is Martellus Bennett still getting significant playing time? 36 snaps. He’s useless in the passing game – no catched in the last 3 games, and only 5 on the season. He will not be a Cowboy in 2012.
– Miles Austin got 20 snaps before hurting his hammy. Laurent Robinson got 40 snaps. Dez Bryant got 43. I’ve been impressed with Robinson so far.
– After starting the season strong, Jason Hatcher got hurt and missed a few games. He returned to action against Philly, and had a terrible game two week ago. He played just 24 snaps. Kenyon Coleman (26) and Marcus Spears (25) “started,” and got similar snap numbers. Sean Lissemore got 15.
– With Sean Lee out, the Cowboys had no choice but to go with Keith Brooking (38) and Bradie James (34) at ILB. While the Seahawks didn’t have the firepower to expose the Cowboys’ ILBs like Philly did, they were able to run the ball very effectively. Bruce Carter saw his first ever defensive snaps, with 11.
Niners-Redskins – 69 snaps on O, 61 on D. I would have never guessed that the Skins run more offensive plays in that game.
– The Skins gave Leonard Hankerson got 68 snaps. They may as well – Give the kids reps.
– On that same “give the kids reps” theme, Roy Helu got 65 snaps. Ryan Torain only got 4.
– Jammal Brown left in the 2nd quarter with a groin injury. He got 23 snaps. Sean Locklear filled in. Locklear is not a legitimate NFL swing tackle. The Skins’ OL has been surprisingly bad this season. Some of that is due to injuries. Some of it is due to just really poor play. QB would be my #1 priority this offseason if I’m the Skins. Fixing the OL is a close 2nd.
– Not much to say on defense. The Skins didn’t do much substituting. The 4 LBs got all but 3 of the possible 244 combined snaps. Keyaron Fox got 1 snap, and Rob Jackson got 4. That means that on at least 2 snaps, the Skins utilized 5 LBs. Goal line situation I’m guessing.
– Along the DL, Carriker (44), Cofield (47), and Bowen (50) all also got very high numbers. The extra snaps went to Nield (15), Golston (17), and Kevin Barnes went they went nickle (12).