The “ELIte” nonsense has to stop. Now.

Let’s pretend that in a galaxy far, far away, there’s planet called Marklar.  Marklar is inhabited by beings that resemble humans in many ways, with similar athletic abilities.  As luck would have it, they too play football, and amazingly, all their rules are exactly the same.  However, they have superior military capabilities, and they’re kinda a bunch of jerks.  They have informed Earth that they are annexing it, and plan to use all of Earth’s resources for their own home planet… that is, unless, Earth can beat them in a game of football.  So I’ll pose this question:  Are you taking Eli Manning with you to battle the Marklars?

From dictionary.com… “Elite”:

the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

Eli Manning has had an excellent season.  He played an almost perfect game against a very underrated Dolphins defense a week ago.  He lit up the Eagles to the tune of 4 TDs and a 145.7 passer rating.  Last year he led the league in picks, and this year he’s been able to limit the mistakes – he only has 6 picks through 8 games.  He always says and does the “right things,” and he seems to have earned the respect of his locker room.  He’s smart.  He understands what defenses are trying to do to him, and he takes what they give him.  He has underrated arm strength, is mostly accurate, and can make any throw. He’s obviously clutch, and doesn’t get rattled by “the big moment.” He’s a totally legitimate “franchise QB” that you can win with, and clearly among the Top 10 in the NFL at his position.

Obviously, the “buuuuut” is coming.

He’s not Aaron Rodgers.  He’s not Drew Brees.  Even though Brady played horribly yesterday, he’s not Tom Brady.  He’s not even Ben Roethlisberger and a few others.  He’s not “the best of the best,” which is what I and apparently dictionary.com consider “elite.”

On the front page of ESPN this morning, we’re treated to this.  Look, I get it.  Tom Brady drove down and scored, then Eli did it too, and the Giants got the win.  Makes for an awesome story.  But that ignores the following:

– He was 20 for 39 yesterday (51%).

– With a couple minutes left in the 3rd quarter, the Giants were poised to take a 2-score lead when he threw a ridiculous INT in the end zone that gave the Pats life.

– He threw a few other lollypop passes off his back foot that were completely up for grabs that fortunately found their way to the turf instead of a defender’s hands.

– His passer rating was 77.9.

– He threw for 250 yards.  Here are what the other QBs that have faced the Patriots’ atrocious defense have done this season:

Player Yards
Chad Henne 416
Phillip Rivers 378
Ryan Fitzpatrick 369
Jason Campbell 344
Mark Sanchez 166
Tony Romo 317
Ben Roethlisberger 365

Not exactly a who’s who of NFL QB royalty there.

I hate to be the guy to piss in the Corn Flakes, because I really have admired what Manning has done so far this season, particularly with a completely revamped OL, a bunch of players that left via free agency, and a cavalcade of injuries around him.  It has been thoroughly impressive.  I mean that.

But please, can we let the man play before we go defining him on one drive in Week 9 of an NFL season?  The timing of this new “ELIte” status is ludicrous.

1. Thank you, I’ve recently been seeking for facts about this subject for ages and yours is the best I’ve located so far.

2. The very core of your writing whilst appearing reasonable initially, did not really sit perfectly with me personally after some time. Someplace throughout the paragraphs you actually were able to make me a believer but just for a while. I still have a problem with your leaps in assumptions and you might do nicely to fill in all those breaks. In the event that you can accomplish that, I could definitely be impressed.

3. I am so happy to read this. This is the type of manual that needs to be given and not the random misinformation that’s at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this greatest doc.

4. We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with valuable info to work on. You have done a formidable job and our entire community will be thankful to you.

5. coupons says:

This happens to be a extremely excellent destination to kill time whilst this snowfall retains myself inside, thank you for giving me something to read!

6. sinema izle says:

Simply want to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your post is just nice and I can assume you’re an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the gratifying work.

7. video izle says:

Hello, I think that I saw you visited my blog so I came to “return the favorâ€?.I’m trying to find things to improve my web site!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!

8. Excellent beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your site, how can I subscribe for a blog site? The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear concept

9. Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return.

10. Hello there, You have done an incredible job. I will certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I am sure they will be benefited from this web site.

11. indir says:

Simply desire to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your post is simply excellent and I can assume you’re an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the rewarding work.

12. artificial christmas tree…

That is really interesting, You are an overly professional blogger. I have joined your rss feed and sit up for in quest of extra of your great post….

13. kimya says:

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! By the way, how can we communicate?

14. mp3 dinle says:

Unquestionably believe that which you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the net the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while people consider worries that they just don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

15. […] for 57 catches, 983 yards, and 7 TDs through 8 games.  Some credit there has to go to Eli.  He ain’t “ELIte,” but he’s been pretty freaking good this season. Share […]

16. Minoksidil says:

I think this is one of the most important information for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But wanna remark on some general things, The web site style is wonderful, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers

17. film indir says:

Great beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your web site, how can I subscribe for a blog web site? The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear concept

18. film izle says:

This is really interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger. I’ve joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your wonderful post. Also, I’ve shared your website in my social networks!

19. ukash kart says:

Hi there, You have done an excellent job. I’ll definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I’m confident they will be benefited from this website.

20. Hi there, You have done a fantastic job. Ill certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I’m sure they’ll be benefited from this web site.

21. I happen to be writing to make you know what a impressive encounter my friend’s princess obtained going through your web page. She came to understand plenty of issues, most notably how it is like to have a very effective coaching nature to have most people quite simply fully understand a variety of tortuous subject matter. You truly exceeded people’s desires. Thank you for churning out these effective, trustworthy, educational and even easy tips on that topic to Sandra.

22. Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point. You clearly know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your blog when you could be giving us something informative to read?

23. DCyanks21 says:

I personally think he’s a great QB. This season you can say he’s been the 2nd best QB in the NFL. This season of course.

24. Free Plax says:

Well don’t know if Eli is elite or not, but one thing is for sure. Vick is not clutch

25. giants fan says:

If Eli were an Eagle, you wouldn’t be 3-5.

1. BBI says:

hahahahhahahahhahahahaha awesome.

1. giants fan says:

lol

26. Joe D says:

god damn FUCK NEW york and FUCK giants fans. If the taliban had a professional football team dn the coach was bin laden i would root for them if they played the giants.

FUcking stupid over rated team and their loud mouth fans. God I cant wait til the dream team punches them in their loud over rated mouths in the meadowlands. god i cant wait,cant wait cant wait (bart scott voice)

1. BBI says:

Looks like somebody got under your skin. Good…..good.

::snickers evilly::

By the way, we already beat you guys this year. At the Linc. Eli threw 4 TDs.

::laughs maniacally::

2. giants fan says:

hahahaha

I honestly can’t wait to play you guys either, I would have liked to bury you ourselves but it looks like the Bears did that for us.

1. Free Plax says:

They aren’t burried untill the 7th loss. Eagles are on life support but not dead

1. rage114 says:

The Dead Collector: Bring out yer dead.
          [a man puts a body on the cart]
          Large Man with Dead Body: Here’s one.
          The Dead Collector: That’ll be ninepence.
          The Dead Body That Claims It Isn’t: I’m not dead.
          The Dead Collector: What?
          Large Man with Dead Body: Nothing. There’s your ninepence.
          The Dead Body That Claims It Isn’t: I’m not dead.
          The Dead Collector: ‘Ere, he says he’s not dead.
          Large Man with Dead Body: Yes he is.
          The Dead Body That Claims It Isn’t: I’m not.
          The Dead Collector: He isn’t.
          Large Man with Dead Body: Well, he will be soon, he’s very ill.
          The Dead Body That Claims It Isn’t: I’m getting better.
          Large Man with Dead Body: No you’re not, you’ll be stone dead in a moment.
          The Dead Collector: Well, I can’t take him like that. It’s against regulations.
          The Dead Body That Claims It Isn’t: I don’t want to go on the cart.
          Large Man with Dead Body: Oh, don’t be such a baby.
          The Dead Collector: I can’t take him.
          The Dead Body That Claims It Isn’t: I feel fine.
          Large Man with Dead Body: Oh, do me a favor.
          The Dead Collector: I can’t.
          Large Man with Dead Body: Well, can you hang around for a couple of minutes? He won’t be long.
          The Dead Collector: I promised I’d be at the Robinsons’. They’ve lost nine today.
          Large Man with Dead Body: Well, when’s your next round?
          The Dead Collector: Thursday.
          The Dead Body That Claims It Isn’t: I think I’ll go for a walk.
          Large Man with Dead Body: You’re not fooling anyone, you know. Isn’t there anything you could do?
          The Dead Body That Claims It Isn’t: I feel happy. I feel happy.
          [the Dead Collector glances up and down the street furtively, then silences the Body with his a whack of his club]
          Large Man with Dead Body: Ah, thank you very much.
          The Dead Collector: Not at all. See you on Thursday.
          Large Man with Dead Body: Right.

1. Imp says:

I nominate this comment as the best comment on the site.

27. BBI says:

Why is Brees so much better than Eli? Is he better? Yeah. Look at the past 3-4 years.

Don’t use Eli’s career stats, because that doesn’t take into account his development as a quarterback; Eli was terrible his first few years, but he is obviously not the same QB. I’d say look at Brees a couple years coming into New Orleans and look at Eli around 2007-2008.

Brees (I’m eyeballing these figures, but they should be around what it should be):

66% 4400 30 TDs 15 INTs 7.5 AVG/Throw

Eli:

62.5% 3800 26 TDs 17 INTs 7.2 AVG/Throw

Brees has been clearly better than Eli, but has not blown him out of the water…especially this season thus far. If Brees is considered elite, I’d say Eli is pretty close. Right now, Brees is 21 TDs 11 INTs. Eli is 15 TDs 6 INTs.

Brees has lost the Saints two games with costly INTs. Eli has had one, that was bobbled by Cruz anyway.

Both have 1 Superbowl win and MVP.

Not going to get into “elite” or not, because there’s differing opinions on what elite is. Here are my top 10 quarterbacks RIGHT NOW for what its worth (nothing haha):

1) Rodgers
    2) Brady
    3) Brees
    4) Roethlisberger
    5) Manning
    6) Vick
    7) Stafford
    8) Schaub
    9) Romo
    10) Smith

1. BBI says:

That smiley should be an 8 with a parenthesis, haha

1. giants fan says:

Let’s not forget that Brees plays in a dome, not the meadowlands.

2. Wow, you really like Schaub, huh?

28. rage114 says:

I have a very simple definition of elite for a QB: do I EXPECT that QB to drive 80 yards in less than 2 minutes to pull out a win?

Notice it is not “can he” but do “I expect” him.

I expected Brady to do what he did. I didn’t expect Eli to.

Having said that, he does it again, and then I WILL expect him to.

The only thing that keeps me from buying fully in is that there was NO rush on Eli. He had all day to throw against a crappy secondary. Not saying anyone can do it but my gosh, at least make him sweat a little.

1. Free Plax says:

Well Eli has done that 6 times already this year, and he did do it in the Super Bowl

1. rage114 says:

That SB is not a good example of good QB play. I stand by my statements.

1. Free Plax says:

Don’t really understand what your standing by:

you said “do I EXPECT that QB to drive 80 yards in less than 2 minutes to pull out a win?” Followed by “didn’t expect Eli to. Having said that, he does it again, and then I WILL expect him to.”

I just pointed this is not exactly Eli’s first time pulling out a game, he has done it many times this season and he did it in the SB.

Your talking about last 2 min, you need your QB to drive the length of the field to win the game, which he did in the SB so what are you standing by?

29. deg0ey says:

After seeing the Giants and the Pats play last night, I’m chalking both of those teams up as Eagles wins when we come up against them later in the season. The media appears so caught up in Eli’s amazing comeback that they’ve overlooked how awful the Giants (and the Patriots, for that matter) were in the rest of the game – Manning couldn’t put up any points on the 32nd ranked pass-D until the 3rd quarter, hardly elite if you ask me.

Actually, the whole situation reminds me a lot of Eagles-Giants at the Meadowlands last season; the media completely overlooked how badly the Eagles played for 80% of that game because of the way that they got the W – but it was the beginning of the end for the birds.

Giants fans are well within their rights to celebrate getting the win last night, but we all know that if they don’t step it up, on both sides of the ball, they’ll struggle to get another win before they face the Redskins in Week 15 (which would give them a 6-7 record…)

1. Free Plax says:

If I were an Eagles fan I would just concentrate on the Bears, you guys are not good enough to overlook anybody. By the way Giant and Pat’s fans have the Eagles game circled as a should win too.

1. slandog says:

I don’t think anyone said that we are good enough to over look the Bears. If you look around pretty much most everything I’ve read is saying that the Eagles almost have to win out to make the playoffs or at least go 7-2. I think we have a pretty good idea as fans what the team has to do the rest of the way.

Loud noises?

*scans comments*

Loud noises, got it.

31. adbrunsonsr says:

….@ Free plax- FYI, Eli does benefit from alot of bogus PI calls because he just heaves it towards a receiver and because nobody knows where the ball is, except MAYBE the WR. plus i seriously doubt that you dont complain about the calls that you feel are bogus against the Giants….you know Eli gets bogus PI calls 80% of the time

1. Free Plax says:

You got any stats to back up that half of thought you pulled out of your ass?

1. adbrunsonsr says:

I dont need any stats because im sure youve seen all the Giants’ games….you cant honestly sit here and tell me a majority of those PI calls are warrented by the types of throws Eli’s making to avoid a sack….this isnt baseball you stats geek…watch the friggin tape

1. Free Plax says:

Actually I don’t see Eli getting anymore PI calls than any other QB so yeah you do need some stats to back that brain fart up. This might not be baseball, but this is Jimmy K’s site and if you have ever had a debate with him about football you better have some stats to back your point up.

1. adbrunsonsr says:

No stats needed to back up what is already known….if youll take your head out Eli’s ass for one minute youll see that he’s the only QB who CONSISTANTLY chucks and ducks then looks for a flag on every incompletion with that dumb ass opie look on his face. All this negative-Eagle stuff really just tells everyone that you are scared of facing us again. Total 180 from that game and understand and appreciate your fear from whats going to happen to the New Jersey Giants

1. Free Plax says:

Okay brunsonsr, I will use your logic… Michael Vick gains most of the yards he rushes for becasue the Eagles O-line get’s away with holding all the time and everybody knows it. If you ask me for stats to back that up I’ll just say you have your head up Vick’s ass or your obviously a moronic Eagles homer.

All the negative Eagles stuff means I think they are an overatted team and I can’t wait till the Giants beat you guys again.

2. slandog says:

Really come on everyone, we’re arguing here with a guy with the name Free Plax. Anyone supporting an idiot that shoots himself in the leg is clearly not right.

All he’s doing is turning our words against you and not really giving anything concrete back to us at all. He’s a Giants homer, he is what he is and that won’t change.

Let it rest because his counterpoints aren’t really counterpoints at all. He’s arguing like a 5th grader.

1. Free Plax says:

As an eagles fan I would think you would be a little bit more tollerant of a guy going to prison for stupidity. Second please explain what concrete facts you have used to back up any of your arugments other than your and Eagles homer.

1. deg0ey says:

Getting mixed up in gangs and illegal activity whilst a high-profile public figure is stupid. Shooting yourself in the leg is a whole different level of stupid.

1. Free Plax says:

I guess we are at a new low when we are debating who is stupider the guy who shot himself in the leg at the club. Or the the guy who kills dogs for his enjoyment.

1. slandog says:

Not one Eagle fan condoned what Vick did, not one. So I don’t know what you’re going on here.

2. Free Plax says:

Please read thread, than respond.

2. slandog says:

what facts are you looking for? The ones saying that I agree that Brees isn’t great because he has thrown so many more interceptions. But I think he’s better then Eli because he’s thrown the ball many more times? That is a fact, look it up.

Eli since 2004 = 3612 attempts
            Brees since 2004 = 4292 attempts

Eli since 2004 = 119 interceptions
            Brees since 2004 = 112 interceptions (more throwing attempts but less interceptions then Eli FACT)

Now about the argument of you saying that by my logic Favre and Marino should be in the conversation of being a top 5 QB today. No like before I do include Payton in there becasue he is on an NFL roster and has consistantly shown that he is a top notch QB. Where has Eli ever put together a good couple of years. He never has. Has he shown progress, sure, but he’s still far from the elite category. His TD to INT ratio is 1.4/1 (not good). Even Brees is better at 1.79/1. Brady = 2.48/1 and Rodgers 3.17/1 Big Ben 1.69/1 all of these numbers are their career TD/INT numbers. So they all are putting up better numbers then Eli.

Ok there are my stats for you to chew on. Call me an Eagles homer, but I also said that I don’t think Vick is an elite QB, but I do think he is a top 10 QB. But I think most people would agree with me on that one. So if that makes me a homer so be it.

But I think I’ve proven that Eli is not an elite QB yet but he is getting better. But as of right now I wouldn’t say he’s elite, although he is so far having a good season.

So there you have it, I gave you stats to back up my points. I guess this case is closed now huh?

1. Free Plax says:

Okay where did I ask you for stats that Drew Brees is a better QB than Eli (For all you eagles fans I am not saying Eli is better than Brees based on the amount of INT’s either has thrown) . I simply asked you if you discount Bree’s numbers because of the amount of Int’s he throws. You said to some degree you do, but you consider him elite. So all the numbers your throw at me don’t mean a whole lot becasue that’s not what I asked you nor am I debating weather Eli is better than Brees.

As far as Peyton goes, we both agree he is a hall of fame QB, however you can’t say he is top 5 QB in 2011 season…. Why because he has not played a game, doesn’t matter if he would have done it or we think he would have done it. I don’t won’t to write the guy off because I have very much enjoyed his career too, but his career at this point is ambigious at best. The guy has done it all at this point so he has nothing to play for so retirement is a possiblity. Next year maybe Payten will be back to reclaim his status as a top 5 QB, but than again he might call it a career too.

So no you really have not proved Eli is elite or not. You stated your opinioin that you don’t think he is. I am of the opinion that he is top 5 at this point in his career, so we will just have to agree to disagree.

1. slandog says:

Well where have you proven that Eli is an elite talent. One good year doesn’t prove he’s elite. Elite, in my opinon for a QB is one that does it for a while. Rodgers until this year really to me hasn’t proven much, but this year he’s def. an elite QB. Eli so far is having a good year, but his past years and average at best.

To be Elite you have to be better then the rest again and again. I’d say that Brady, Payton, Brees and now Rodgers are that. Eli isn’t even close to that class, but if he can continue this season and build off of it next year we can talk but until then he’s still just around the top 10.

So since you think he’s a top 5 QB at this point give me the reasons. I gave you the reasons why I don’t think he is (TD/INT ratio, etc.). So tell my why you consider him a top 5.

2. Free Plax says:

This is getting old Slan, look I respect your opinion, I have mine too. I have watched Eli play a lot more than you have so yes this year I think he is playing in the top 5 of QB’s (for the record I don’t have Peyton in the 2011 top 5 becasue he is not playing, nor am I saying Eli has been top 5 QB for many years)

No matter what I say I won’t change your opinion of Eli and no matter what you say you won’t change my mind about Eli so we can agree to disagree here. You want stats here’s Eli’s last 4 years’s and they speak for themselves:

2008 New York Giants 289 479 29.9 60.3 3238 202.4 6.8 21 10 27 86.5 2009 New York Giants 317 509 31.8 62.3 4021 251.3 7.9 27 14 30 93.1 2010 New York Giants 339 539 33.7 62.9 4002 250.1 7.4 31 25 16 85.3 2011 New York Giants 176 280 35.0 62.9 2377 297.1 8.5 15 6 15 98.8

Other than last year his TD to INT rate has been better than you give him credit for, and he is on pace for his thrid straight 4,000 yard season.

32. adbrunsonsr says:

I think Eli is having a good year and he’s playing alot better than most ppl want to give him credit for….HOWEVER, he still reverts to “old Eli” way to much to be considered among the elite QBs in the league. You guys know what im talking about: the old “chuck and duck” eli Lets wait and see how he does for the rest of the season before we “crown his ass” (insert denny green clip here) LOL

1. Jay Walker (GIB) says:

I agree. Eli is playing really well, but occasionally you have to give it the WWBBPD. (What would Big Brother Peyton Do.) And there are just plenty of plays in which Eli’s decision making leaves you scratching your head. Those backfoot throws, the odd but somehow occasionally effective left handed tosses, and of course…his face.
      So anyways. I think its clear that he is playing really well. Definitely a QB you can be proud to have as a Giants fan. But you cant say that you would take him over Rodgers, Brees, Brady or Tim Tebow.
      ANY fan would agree. And if you’re a Giants fan and disagree…then you just arent taking your Blue Sunglasses off.
      and, Yes i am kidding about Tebow.

33. Michael says:

OK, even if we leave Peyton out of the discussion, here are my top 10 QBs….these are top 10 based on WHO I WOULD WANT TO START ON MY TEAM. I’m an Eagles fan, so if you want to you can just ignore that I put him at #4 (The trust is I’d rather have him than ANY other QB, but I put him at #4 to be objective cause he doesn’t have the accomplishments of Rodgers, Brady, and Brees)

1. Rodgers
    2. Brady
    3. Brees
    4. Vick
    5. Roethlisberger
    6. Rivers
    7. Ryan
    8. Manning
    9. Romo
    10. Fitzpatrick

ewwwww eww, omg, now that i just wrote that out it’s really dawned on me how thin the QB talent is in the NFL these days. Fitzpatrick in my top 10??? Romo?? Last year I could make a convincing argument that Eli wasn’t even top 10. Don’t get me wrong, he’s good, but he’s not elite at all. Keep in mind that those 250 yards (even while every other QB except for Sanchez put up a lot more on the Pats) was against the worst pass defense (and one of the worst overall defenses) in the NFL. Yeah Eli is top five thus far in the season, but if you evaluate him overall there’s just no way he’s top 5. And I don’t mean to be such a big homer, but he has absolutely nothing on Mike Vick; he’s not even close to that good. I know this might provoke a bunch of dumb arguments, but on 11/20 I really believe the Eagles will smoke this Giants team. Enjoy the euphoria while it lasts Giants fans.

1. Free Plax says:

Talk about being a Homer Vick is the #4 QB in the league, You put him over Big Ben LOL come on man.

By the way hate to break it to you the Eagles are not making the playoffs, I know you are excieted about the big win over a mediocore Cowboys team and that big win against the Skins, but in your joy have you ever wondered who the eagles have actually beat this year.

1. packimop says:

If the Eagles win tonight they’ll be in pretty good position to make either the second wild card spot or win the division. Eagles win tonight they’ll be two games back going into next weekend when the Giants have to travel to SF and the Eagles have Arizona at the Linc. Eagles will most likely be 5-4 (if they beat the Bears) and could possibly be one game back of the Giants two weekends from now when they play in the Meadowlands.

I don’t understand why you think it’s a foregone conclusion that the Eagles won’t make the playoffs.

1. packimop says:

Especially with the Giants schedule. I mean c’mon – neither team looked great last night. The Giants just happened to have the ball last. They got it done, no one can take that away from them, but they’re going to lose some games playing a difficult schedule. The Giants could play some good football and go 4-4 down the stretch to get to 10-6. Probably still will get in.

2. Free Plax says:

Here is the deal with the Eagles, first they are a flawed team, the O-line is questionable, Vick still can’t read the blitz and if you get a rush on him and start hitting him he becomes an average QB. Second the D still has no LB play.

I realize you guys had a big win against the Cowboys, but ask yourself this question, who have the Eagles really beat this year, not one team with a winning record. Eagles can only make the Playoffs by going 7-2 the rest of the way. They have at least 3 games they could loose, Giants, Patriots & the Jets. Eagles are way overated and have been since they started signing their fantasy team this spring.

1. packimop says:

omg gtfo outta here with that o-line being questionable nonsense. That’s complete BS. I was trying to be objectionable with my comment and you just completely blew it out of the water. You’re a moron.

1. packimop says:

Oh and how does Eli look when you get a rusher in his face? He falls backwards and lobs the ball 20 feet up into the air like a fucking idiot. Vick shakes the first defender coming at him at least 75% of the time. God damn you’re stupid.

2. OL has been excellent. No idea what you’re seeing.

1. Free Plax says:

really, because they didn’t look excellent when we beat you guys. I think your guys have let that Dallas win go to your head, Cowboys are not that good.

1. AndrewM says:

were basing performences on one game now?

2. For one, that was during Kyle DeVan’s reign of terror. Two, even though it was probably their worst game of the season, they still opened up huge holes for McCoy (24 for 128) and the Giants had what, 2 sacks? You have no idea what you’re talking about. Eagles OL has been excellent. Dominant even.

3. Free Plax says:

Jimmy if your going to pull out McCoy’s rushing stats, you forgot to mention how many times he was caught in the backfield and made guys miss for huge gains. McCoy is a beast no debating that, but Philly’s O-line was getting bailed out by McCoy’s brilliance. You also failed to mention the 1st and goal from the Giants 1 yard line the Eagles could not convert on becasue of their shoddy line

2. slandog says:

Exactly, maybe the first week or two you could say the OL is questionable. But the last 2 or 3 weeks they are getting all figured out and jelling nicely.

1. Free Plax says:

You mean your O-line has looked good against the Cowboys and Redskins. That does not equal excellent to me sorry.

2. @ PLAX

Dallas had the #1 ranked run D. Philly hung 239 rushing yards on them. That’s pretty good, right? As for the Redskins, make fun of their O all you’d like, but their D is good.

2. Michael says:

hey man, i told you to take the vick at #4 with a grain of salt. i cant help it, the man is incredible. the truth is, id rather have vick than big ben any day. i’m not saying vick has done more or deserves to be ranked higher, i’m just talking about who i would want on my team. do you honestly think the giants are that good?

let’s break it down:
        you lost the LOLskins and the seahawks. hahahahaha come on man!

here are your wins:
        *a terrible st louis team
        *an eagles team that started mike vick when his head was clearly not ok
        *a horrible cardinals team that really beat you but the refs made a bad call
        *the bills – nice win
        *you barely beat the dolphins and probably wouldnt have if not for that brandon marshall pass interference call (and they SUCK!)
        *an extremely overrated patriots team with the worst defense in the league (you just squeaked by on this shit defense and now eli is “ELIte”)

i am sorry, but a healthy michael vick is going to light your team up like it’s the lolskins on MNF. do you really believe that your giants offense, that just BARELY beat the worst defense in the league, is going to do ANYTHING against the eagles D? yeah i know they got a very slow start with all the new players and coaches trying to gel, but i believe in this defense and you will see more of why that’s the case tonight. You think eli will put up more points on the eagles D than VICK will on the giants?? they are a worse team all around.

if i was an giants fan i would not be feeling so hot about that patriots win. yeah it’s awesome you beat a team that everyone still thinks is unstoppable, but you performed poorly on offense against the worst defense in the NFL. cudos to your defense, but you don’t have what it takes to contain vick, shady, desean, maclin, and friends.

am i excited about our win over dallas? a team that noone would consider to be in the same class as the patriots? i think i have a lot more to take away from that game than you do from the pats game. we ran ALL OVER the best rush defense in the league. They have a great d-line and our young o-line was great in protection and making run blocks in the 2nd and 3rd levels. our defense was absolutely amazing and held a decent team to 7 points.

like i said, enjoy the patriots win, but take a step back and think about what really went down last night and get a little perspective.

Eagles-27
        Bears-13 enjoy the game tonight.

1. Free Plax says:

Okay let’s use your logic on the Eagles
          Win # 1 a terrible Rams team
          Win # 2 the LOL skins
          Win # 3 a mediocore Dallas team
          So who exactly have the Eagles beaten this year, and what close game did they pull out. One blowout of the Cowboys and all of a sudden your weak O-line, bad LB’s and overated secondary is back?

Last the Giants saw of Michael Vick he was crying about the Giants hitting him to hard, so nobody is lossing sleep over Vick, look the guy is good, but the book is out on how to stop Vick, Giants are looking forward to that game you can take that to the bank.

As for the Patriots, I would love to see the Eagles beat them at home without McCoy, Maclin and their starting Center. Which brings me to my next point, so far you guys have been lucky with injuries, how deep are you can you win without your best players, I highly doubt it. It’s easy to say the Pats are overated, but when you play them, trust me you will be worried. Patriots are a solid football team.

1. adbrunsonsr says:

Get over yourself Free Plax, you won against the Patriots *clap, clap* lets see where you guys are @ the end of the season….November and December havent been kind to the Giants lately

1. Free Plax says:

First of all I didn’t beat the Pats the Giants did. Second your right there is a lot of football to play, I like our chances. However still doubt the Eagles are that good.

2. Michael says:

ok i can’t keep writing long responses otherwise my boss is gonna wonder what i’m doing, but i’ll try to make this quick. if we didn’t have our starting center, mccoy and maclin, we’s still smoke the pats. our backup center is pro bowler jamal jackson, we’d have to play ronnie brown/dion lewis (but we’d be exploiting them in the passing game a lot more anyway due to their horrible league worst secondary), and our WRs would still be Desean, Avant, STEVE SMITH, and Cooper. we would also beat the giants with those players out, but losing shady would be rough. these is a deep deep eagles team in every single position but LB and safety. i didn’t see anything in the pats game last night that worried me about playing the giants, however you will certainly see a lot tonight that will worry you about the eagles.

1. Free Plax says:

LOL at the boss, I hear you there. I am looking forward to watching tonights game. The Eagles are about as good as the Giants, so yes I realize you guys can beat us, however nothing about the Eagles scares anybody. respect the Eagles yes, but you guys are not close to the Packers level of play.

1. slandog says:

and nobody is close to the Packers level of play.

2. adbrunsonsr says:

@ Free Plax….”you guys” is a term meaning the Giants and their fan base…so yes you can be included lol Really tho, NOBODY is on the level of the packers right now….it looks like they are playing Madden 12 on rookie right now….makes me sick honestly but the NFL has a way of evening things out over a season’s time, so just wait, they’ll play crappy like the rest of the league has in due time….

3. The Eagles are on pace to accumulate the most yards in a single season in the entire history of the NFL. I think that might worry some folks that have to play them.

2. packimop says:

Matt Ryan is garbage.

34. TheKiteEatingTree says:

I think right now we’d have to take Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Rodgers, and Aaron Rodgers to Marklar. We’ll clone him in case he gets hurt.

1. Yeah, what he’s doing this season is pretty sickening.

1. slandog says:

It’s crazy what AR is doing. I live in Packer country, good old Madison WI. so I see every gave of his. Going from the highs and lows of Favre and then to this calming easy winning of the AR years. Favre’s highs were much higher but his lows were so much more lower. AR doesn’t really have any lows the last few years, but he’s just consistantly high.

That being said I still wish the Eagles would have won that playoff game last year. I was the only Eagles fan in that bar……..long afternoon!!

35. Turd.Ferguson says:

Would you say that any of the other QB’s in the east are elite? We don’t even need to bother with the Skins and probably not the Cowboys, because if Romo were then Eli definitely is. But what about Vick? Is he going to Marklar? IMO, I think he is. He isn’t an elite passer, but he is an elite QB.

1. I’m taking Vick to Marklar as my 3rd QB, not because I think he’s the 3rd best QB in the league, but because he gives me a dimension that no other QB in the league does.

Assembling the Marklar team would actually be a pretty fun post. I’m on it.

1. Immynimmy says:

Wouldn’t it just be your version of the all-pro team?

1. Not necessarily. You’d pick players to fit roles. a lot of the best players have similar skill sets.

1. Jay Walker (GIB) says:

Plus, on Marklar and the lower Gravity, theres a good chance you take the guys with the strongest arms. Vick could very well throw 2 or 3 miles up there…

36. Immynimmy says:

Eli Manning is an above average top 10 QB…that’s it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Giants fans (in general) are too damn homer about this. At least in 2008-2009 the majority of Eagles fans knew that Mcnabb wasn’t elite.

1. Free Plax says:

Do Eagles fans realize Vick is not elite either?

1. slandog says:

Yeah I realize that, but he is probably in the top 10, lower end of course. But I don’t think anyone is putting Vick up with the top 4 or 5 like you think Eli should be.

2. packimop says:

No. I don’t think Vick is elite. Elite means best. Top 10%. That’s the best 3 QBs in the league. Vick is not one of the best 3 QBs in the league.

3. Immynimmy says:

YES. Absolutley. If he was more consistent, then he would be elite.

37. giants fan says:

I mean, even by your definition he’s one of the top 10 players, in his position, in the world. I think that’s elite by anyone’s definition.

Quick question though, how many of those quarterbacks that you listed who put up a ton of yards on the patriots (or any quarterback over the past 3 years) have beaten Tom Brady and Bill Belichek at home? How many elite quarterbacks have taken on the patriots after a loss and beaten them at all? How many of those qbs were playing from behind and had to air it out near the end of the game and how many picked up garbage yards?

I’m taking Eli with me to Marklar. The dude has ice in his veins.

1. “I’m taking Eli with me to Marklar.”

Great, your blind homerism just cost Earth all of its oil, water, natural gas, electricity, livestock, and wheat. Hope you’re happy.

Anyway, you can look at it like Top 10 in the world, and if those are the parameters we’re judging him by, then sure, he’s elite. Obviously, if he played in my flag football league, he’d be the best player in the history of the league. I’d consider him elite. By those parameters we may as well just call Kyle Boller elite too.

1. Free Plax says:

Out of curisousity Jimmy who is in your top 5?

1. I’d probably go (in no particular order): Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, Brady, Roethlisberger.

1. peterhad says:

Peytons out, and I think Eli is equal to Rothlisberger long term anyway, and outplaying him this year. Eli is also one of, if not the most, clutch QB’s in the league.

1. slandog says:

Payton is out, but he is still on everyone’s top 5. Maybe not this year, but come one anyone taking Eli over Payton is a complete homer Giants fan. Look what Payton has done for his career. His rookie season was terrible, but that was also how Eli played last season…..and he wasn’t a rookie last season.

1. Free Plax says:

Stop twisting people trying to point out logic to you. Nobody thinks Eli is better than Peyton. We all know Peyton is going to the Hall of fame and is one of the best to ever play the game, but by your logic why dont we stick Brett Farve in there too even though he’s retired or hell that Marino guy was elite too.

Question for you since Bree’s threw over 20 Int’s last year and has 11 so far this year if he finishes with back to back 20 Int season’s do you discount the yards and TD’s he threw for becausse of all the Int’s he threw?

2. slandog says:

No you don’t count Favre or Marino. Yeah I have Payton in there but that is because he IS still playing, he IS on a NFL roster. Don’t be an idiot and bring up guys you know won’t be on the list. Payton is on the list because he is still on the roster and in any other year would be putting up huge numbers. So you have my logic incorrect here. We’re not going to a time machine and getting all the greats. We’re getting the greats that are currently on the roster……you’re digging pretty deep here Free Plax in arguing your point!

McNabb is on a roster, but he never really had great numbers except for the year that TO was on the team. The other years he was putting up good numbers but never great numbers.

About Brees, other then a year or two he is over rated for that point that you’re making. He puts up great numbers and has a ton of weapons. But for having so many weapons he does throw too many INT’s. So I personally don’t have Brees as high as most people, but I do have him higher then Eli, just for the fact that normally the INT’s for both player are higher, but Brees also has the numbers with yards and TD’s and also normally throws a ton more then Eli.

2. giants fan says:

Seriously though, the dude came in without his top WR, his top RB, his starting center and used two undrafted rookie free agents to beat a team that hadn’t been beaten at home in over 3 years.

I don’t know what Eli has to do to get the respect that he’s due, but the guy has been lights out this year.

1. giants fan says:

Sorry, Cruz isn’t a rookie – although he was on IR all of last year so he might technically still be one?

2. AndrewM says:

out of 32 starters the op third is elite?

1. packimop says:

No. The top third doesn’t make you elite. The 66th percentile isn’t elite. If in the “top third” of best surgeons in the country I’m not doing surgery on LeBron James. Top third means good, solid, better than average.

Elite is top 10% at WORST. That means the 3 best quarterbacks in the league. Brady, Brees, Rodgers. That is all.

1. That’s what Andrew was saying, I think. His punctuation/formatting just got a little confusing.

1. AndrewM says:

Ya thats what im saying. Stupid formatting

38. Free Plax says:

LOL Jimmy, your swiming against the current buddy. Eli is one the rise oh and it’s starting to look like the Giants are for real too. Can’t wait to hear you describe this victory as lucky and the Ref’s are in the Giants pockets.

1. I thought the officiating was even yesterday. I’m curious why you bring that up – Did you feel like the Giants got some bad calls their way?

1. Free Plax says:

No, I don’t complain about officials and calls, that’s just part of the game. In the past you have harped on some calls that have gone the Giants way and keep mentioning them weeks later as in the Giants were lucky. We all know luck plays a part in this game we love and sometimes your team get’s the fortunate call and other times they don’t. I was just waiting for you to bring up the Pass interference calls the Giants got to dismiss Eli’s perfromance.

As far as elite goes who really cares, I know Eli is a top 5 QB this year and I also know when the chips are down he is cabable of coming through, can you say that about your QB?

1. Just one – the Cruz fumble. The Giants were gifted a W there. Lol on “Top 5.”

1. Free Plax says:

Fair enough buddy, good luck tonight

1. DerfDiggy says:

Wait….wait…Eli is a top 5 QB?

In the NFL?

Not the CFL, or Arena League…but the NFL.

There’s a few elite QB’s in the league….Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Brees, and Big Ben(by virtue of his winning)….

Every other QB can be ranked however you want to rank them after that…that’s where the statistics and homer glasses come into play. Think logically about this though. Eli is not in the same league as the guys named above. He’s not. Period. If you’re a Giants fan and you put him at #6, cool…

1. Free Plax says:

Dude hate to break it to you Peyton is not playing this year, so who are you putting in the top 5 to replace Peyton?

2. DerfDiggy says:

@ Free Plax….

Then there’s only an elite 4…if you don’t include Peyton due to injury. I’m sorry…Eli’s not “Elite”. He’s having a great year after a down year last year…But Giants fans are so quick to crown him after a few games, then he’ll regress and make a few dumb decisions, then y’all will be quiet, until he has a big win again. Rinse and repeat….all the while Rodgers/Brees/etc are consistently playing GREAT BALL…every week.

3. slandog says:

In response to Free Plax –

No Payton isn’t playing this year but every other year he has and is on this list. He still makes it because for the past 15 years he’s been that good. One year doesn’t change that. Just like Eli, he’s having a good year, and so far it’s his one really “elite” year. The other QB’s on this list have done it for a few years now. So until Eli can put a few years together like this year is going……he’s not making the list…..dude.

39. The Legend says:

eww corn flakes with piss in them

40. Tecmo Bowl says:

Obviously you take Michael Jordan, given his experience in this kind of scenario.