Per Football Outsiders:
– The NFC East as a whole has little shot to get anything higher than a 4 seed, which obviously makes sense. In fact, that sounds like a good slogan for this blog.
– The Giants are going to finish the season with a record of 5.1 – 4.9. Personally, if I were a Giants fan looking at the schedule ahead, and God offered me 5 more wins, take it or leave it, I’d be asking “Where can I sign?” As Football Outsiders predicts (and I think I agree), 9 wins will probably get it done in the NFC East this year. It all depends on where those wins come from though. Playoff chances – 55.7%
– The Cowboys are predicted to finish 5.9 – 4.1, which would give them just under 9 wins. Playoff chances – 52.1%.
– The Eagles are predicted to finish 5.4 – 4.6, giving them just over 7 wins. That might get some folks fired. Playoff chances – 16.3%.
– The Redskins are projected to finish 4 – 6, giving them 7 wins. I predicted the Skins to win 7 games before the season began, but with so many injuries all of a sudden, I’m not sure where exactly those 4 wins are coming from the rest of the way. Playoff chances – 9.5%.