Snap count per Pro Football Focus.
– Jake Ballard had a season-high 67 snaps (out of 71). I think the Giants may have found their long term answer at TE. Ballard has wildly exceeded expectations.
– After getting 43, 46, and 44 snaps the past 3 weeks, Victor Cruz only got 24 on Sunday.
– Justin Tryon saw his first action with the Giants. 10 snaps.
– Greg Jones appears to be losing whatever role Perry Fewell had carved out for him. His snaps this season: 35, 14, 9, 28, 4, 4.
– Bill Nagy got 65 of 74 snaps before being lost for the season. Kevin Kowalski filled in for him.
– Felix Jones (17 snaps) left early, and his replacements got almost a 50-50 split. DeMarco Murray got 26 snaps, Tashard Choice got 25. Neither impressed.
– The “other” ILB spot was dominated by Keith Brooking this week. Brooking had 36 snaps. Bradie James had just 13.
– In Orlando Scandrick’s first game this season, he got 67 of 73 snaps, a surprisingly high number.
– 21 Cowboys got defensive snaps on Sunday, perhaps the most of any of the NFC East teams this season.
-The total snaps weren’t as bad as I thought they’d be with the Redskins having 60 offensive snaps compared to Philly’s 78. Still, that’s not a ratio that’ll work for this team.
– The 3 Redskins that suffered injuries all went out very early. Trent Williams only played 11 snaps, Kory Lichtensteiger played 5, and Chris Cooley played 7. Williams’ and Lichtensteiger’s replacements, Sean Locklear and Eric Cook, respectively, both looked bad.
– With Tim Hightower out, Ryan Torain got 31 snaps, while Roy Helu got 28. The Redskins’ run game was completely ineffective.
– Nothing too crazy on defense. 3 of the 4 Redskins’ LBs played all 78 defensive snaps. Brian Orakpo played 73, with Rob Jackson getting the other 5. Both were completely dominated by Todd Herremans.
– Nothing much out of the ordinary for the Eagles. I’d been calling for more Clay Harbor, who had 11 and 9 snaps in Weeks 4 and 5, respectivrely. I got my wish – He got 28 snaps, and didn’t do much.
– The Skins went with a lot of 3 WR sets, and Moise Fokou lost playing time as a result. He only had 17 snaps.
– Derek Landri need more playing time. He had 16 snaps in Buffalo, and 19 in DC. He’s been excellent in the run game.