NFC snap count notes from Week 4, Eagles and Giants edition

Snap count numbers per Pro Football Focus.

– Clay Harbor had just 11 snaps but made 3 catches for 55 yards.  Brent Celek, meanwhile, has 267 snaps on the season, and has 8 catches for 67 yards, and a few drops.  There were times when Brent Celek was wide open on Sunday, and Michael Vick simply missed him or doesn’t trust him. It may be time to start giving Harbor some more opportunities.

– Steve Smith had 10 snaps, 8 on pass plays, no catches, no targets.  Smith continues to underwhelm so far in his brief Eagles career.

– Ronnie Brown saw his snap count dip to 8. Brown obviously made one of the dumbest plays I’ve ever seen from an Eagle player.

– Brian Rolle was on the field for 51 of 64 snaps, replacing Casey Matthews as the starting WLB. Rolle made a few plays that Matthews wasn’t making, but gave up just as many as Casey had been.

– With Trent Cole going down to a calf injury, Phillip Hunt saw his most amount of action this season, with 23 snaps. The Eagles, formerly very deep at DE, are suddenly very thin.

– Joselio Hanson finally got some snaps, with 12. That’s more than he had Weeks 1-3 combined, and he’s the Eagles’ best slot cover corner.

– Jarrad Page’s general awfulness never comes off the field. Page played all 64 snaps on Sunday, and leads the team with 253 snaps on the season.

– David Bass played only 33 of the Giants’ 71 snaps before getting injured.  Kevin Boothe was his replacement, and saw the other 38.

– Mario Manningham returned to the field this Sunday, although he had only 3 more snaps (49) than Victor Cruz (46).  Cruz, of course, fumbled away the game, but the Giants were saved by the officials.  And yes, I’ll be shoehorning that in every day this week.

– Jake Ballard appears to be the clear-cut starter at TE these days, with 51 snaps.  He certainly didn’t hurt himself with a nice catch in the back of the end zone.

– Brandon Jacobs continues to barely see the field, with 16 snaps.

– Osi Umenyiora was reported to see anywhere between 30-40 snaps.  He saw 42.

– Dave Tollefson keeps getting a ton of snaps for some unknown reason.  He got 55 of them.  On the season, Tollefson has 187 snaps, and he actually has been credited with 3 sacks (5 tackles total), but has mostly been invisible.

– Brian Williams only had 4 snaps.  He was released today.

1. taspar marki says:

You should check this out…

[…] Wonderful story, reckoned we could combine a few unrelated data, nevertheless really worth taking a look, whoa did one learn about Mid East has got more problerms as well […]……

2. Jonnie says:

Arrived at your webblog through AOL. You know I will be signing up to your rss feed.

3. Thank that you lot! Your focus is helpful! And no great surprise there mainly because your artical is very brilliant. You help make me determine what is happening within the creative society of connecting via online. Thanks for that which you do. Amazing products. Kind relation.

4. Aline Sliva says:

Hey how are you doing? I just wanted to stop by and say that it’s been a pleasure reading your blog. I have bookmarked your website so that I can come back & read more in the future as well. plz do keep up the quality writing

5. That\’s fantastic. I like way you present it

6. Thank you for sharing such good message, please keeping upload

7. David K says:

What would you say was a worse play… Ronnie Brown’s “thrumble” or Desean Jackson’s epic rookie mistake where he fumbled against the Cowboys during that early celebration. I think DJax’s was more embarrassing but Ronnie Browns’ was a lot more painful to watch and detrimental to the game. The only thing that could top those plays are if we ran the ball into the wrong end zone. At least I know what #1 on “not top 10” this Friday is going to….

Boothe at center, a scary proposition.

9. DerfDiggy says:

Who’s the best FA acquisition so far? I remember Jimmy made a post on Cowboysnation regarding Nmandi and whether or not he was “elite”…Has your opinion on Nmandi changed at all?

1. I didn’t try to make the argument that he was “elite,” over there (although that was definitely my thinking). I don’t remember what Raf’s exact wording was, but I thought he was selling Nnamdi ridiculously short. His argument was essentially the same as KC Joyner’s in that Nnamdi’s YPA was only a little better than average, which of course completely ignores the fact that he gave up a little more than 10 measly yards per game over the past 4 or 5 years. So no, my stance that Nnamdi was freaking awesome the past 5 years or so hasn’t changed at all.

This year, however, he certainly has fallen short of expectations.

Best FA acquisition so far has been Babin.

1. DerfDiggy says:

Yea I don’t remember the exact conversation…I just remember the word “elite” and how definitions differed. I would’ve put Nmandi into that elite category, but Raf’s definition of elite and Revis being the only elite corner made sense at that time.

I wasn’t trolling. I haven’t watched too much of the Eagles tell you the truth.

Long season…too early to write any team off….I can see the Eagles running off 4-5 Wins in a row. Skins have Sexy Rexy, Cardiac Cowboys have Tony Turnover, and the Giants….have injuries….

10. The Legend says:

Saying a few drops for Celek is being nice

11. Skinsational says:

Harsh on your birds Jimmy.