Snap count numbers per Pro Football Focus.
– Clay Harbor had just 11 snaps but made 3 catches for 55 yards. Brent Celek, meanwhile, has 267 snaps on the season, and has 8 catches for 67 yards, and a few drops. There were times when Brent Celek was wide open on Sunday, and Michael Vick simply missed him or doesn’t trust him. It may be time to start giving Harbor some more opportunities.
– Steve Smith had 10 snaps, 8 on pass plays, no catches, no targets. Smith continues to underwhelm so far in his brief Eagles career.
– Ronnie Brown saw his snap count dip to 8. Brown obviously made one of the dumbest plays I’ve ever seen from an Eagle player.
– Brian Rolle was on the field for 51 of 64 snaps, replacing Casey Matthews as the starting WLB. Rolle made a few plays that Matthews wasn’t making, but gave up just as many as Casey had been.
– With Trent Cole going down to a calf injury, Phillip Hunt saw his most amount of action this season, with 23 snaps. The Eagles, formerly very deep at DE, are suddenly very thin.
– Joselio Hanson finally got some snaps, with 12. That’s more than he had Weeks 1-3 combined, and he’s the Eagles’ best slot cover corner.
– Jarrad Page’s general awfulness never comes off the field. Page played all 64 snaps on Sunday, and leads the team with 253 snaps on the season.
– David Bass played only 33 of the Giants’ 71 snaps before getting injured. Kevin Boothe was his replacement, and saw the other 38.
– Mario Manningham returned to the field this Sunday, although he had only 3 more snaps (49) than Victor Cruz (46). Cruz, of course, fumbled away the game, but the Giants were saved by the officials. And yes, I’ll be shoehorning that in every day this week.
– Jake Ballard appears to be the clear-cut starter at TE these days, with 51 snaps. He certainly didn’t hurt himself with a nice catch in the back of the end zone.
– Brandon Jacobs continues to barely see the field, with 16 snaps.
– Osi Umenyiora was reported to see anywhere between 30-40 snaps. He saw 42.
– Dave Tollefson keeps getting a ton of snaps for some unknown reason. He got 55 of them. On the season, Tollefson has 187 snaps, and he actually has been credited with 3 sacks (5 tackles total), but has mostly been invisible.
– Brian Williams only had 4 snaps. He was released today.