Just like the Cowboys, it appears the Eagles are going ultra young along the OL by naming Jason Kelce the starter at center. However, unlike the Cowboys, I think it’s a major mistake for the Eagles to go with 2 rookies, right next to each other no less, protecting Michael Vick. They did the right thing by sliding Todd Herremans to right tackle and filling in Evan Mathis at LG, but starting two rookies that looked so horrific in the 3rd preseason game against the Browns makes little sense. Why not start Jamaal Jackson for the first few weeks, and let Kelce take over when he’s ready? This is not a typical offseason. Rookies have only been in camp for about a month.
– 2010 NFL MVP runner-up behind center? Check.
– Two fast, dynamic playmakers on the outside? Check.
– Veteran, savvy, professional chain movers as the 3 and 4 receivers? Check.
– An emerging star at the RB position? Check.
– Two rookies protecting the middle of the line… that have not looked good at all in the preseason?
Oof. The Eagles are playing with fire.