I did this same exercise over at BGN when the Eagles released their first depth chart yesterday, so I may as well do the same here. My commentary will be less insightful for the Skins, unfortunately, as I attended a full week of camp with the Eagles, but never made it down to Virginia to take in the Skins.
First the offense:
|WR||Santana Moss||Anthony Armstrong||Donte’ Stallworth||Aldrcik Robinson|
|LT||Trent Williams||Sean Locklear||Corey O’Daniel|
|LG||Kory Lichtensteiger||Maurice Hurt||Selvish Capers|
|C||Will Montgomery||Eric Cook||Donovan Raiola|
|RG||Chris Chester||Artis Hicks||Xavier Fulton|
|RT||Jammal Brown||Willie Smith||Clint Oldenburg|
|TE||Chris Cooley||Fred Davis||Logan Paulsen||Mike Sellers|
|WR||Jabar Gaffney||Leonard Hankerson||Terrence Austin||Niles Paul|
|QB||Rex Grossman||John Beck||Kellen Clemens||Ben Chappell|
|FB||Darrel Young||Keiland Williams|
|RB||Tim Hightower||Roy Helu||Evan Royster||Shaun Draughn|
– The obvious thing to take away here is that the starting QB, according to the chart, is Rex Grossman. He should be. I actually think Rex will be OK. That’s not a joke.
– The only thing that stands out among the WRs is that Malcolm Kelly is buried. He’s basically the 10th WR, since Brandon banks is likely to make the team as a returner. Maybe it’s a bit of a surprise to see Donte’ Stallworth and Terrence Austin over Niles Paul and Aldrick Robinson? I’d have to imagine that Paul and Robinson will be given every opportunity (and then some) to make the team over those other two guys.
– Tim Hightower listed as the starter at RB is a little misleading. Ryan Torain is out with an injury, hence no mention of him.
– Why is Mike Sellers listed as a TE? And the 4th one at that? Jeez, at least give the old vet a little respect.
– Interesting that Chris Chester is listed as the RG, and Will Montgomery as the C.
– This is a bad offense. I mean, we already know that, but man… When you look at the Eagles’ second team O, you have to wonder if it’s better than the Skins’ starters.
(Cont after the jump)…
|DE||Adam Carriker||Jarvis Jenkins||Doug Worthington|
|NT||Barry Cofield||Anthony Bryant||Chris Neild||Thomas Weaver|
|DE||Stephen Bowen||Kedric Golston||Darrion Scott||Jeff Stehle|
|OLB||Ryan Kerrigan||Lorenzo Alexander||Markus White|
|ILB||London Fletcher||Keyaron Fox||Obi Ezeh|
|ILB||Rocky McIntosh||Perry Riley||Horatio Blades|
|OLB||Brian Orakpo||Rob Jackson||Edgar Jones||Eric McBride|
|CB||DeAngelo Hall||Kevin Barnes||Reggie Jones||Brandyn Thompson|
|S||Reed Doughty||Chris Horton||DeJon Gomes|
|S||Oshiomogho Atogwe||Anderson Russell||Davonte Shannon|
|CB||Josh Wilson||Phillip Buchanon||Byron Westbrook||Dante Barnes|
– I still think Cofield is out of position (the Redskins don’t currently have a legitimate starting NT), but Carriker/Cofield/Bowen, with Jenkins being the first guy off the bench actually looks halfway decent to me. The Redskins’ 3-4 DE’s are certainly better than the Cowboys’, at the very least.
– That linebacking group looks really nice. I’m a huge Ryan Kerrigan believer, and think he’ll make an impact from Day 1. If only the Skins could turn back the clock on London Fletcher. Interesting that Rocky McIntosh is still listed as the starter. I know some fans had high hopes for Perry Riley. I suppose he didn’t impress enough while Rocky was out on the open market.
– This team is built for a 4-3. It just is. Bowen, Cofield, and Carriker rotating at DT, Rak and Kerrigan as the DEs, Fletcher as the MLB, with Rocky and Alexander on the outsides. They’d have something good there. But nope – With Haslett, it’s “You adjust to me,” instead of the other way around.
– Rookie Brandyn Thompson is buried, which comes as a bit of a surprise to me.
|K||Graham Gano||Shayne Graham|
|KO||Graham Gano||Shayne Graham|
|PR||Brandon Banks||Phillip Buchanon||Aldrick Robinson||Anthony Armstrong|
|KR||Brandon Banks||Byron Westbrook||Terrence Austin||Anthony Armstrong|
– Ga-NOOOO is currently the one over Shayne in the “Graham on Graham crime” battle.
– Banks is obviously the primary returner. Nothing else too crazy here.
What do you guys think?